Chit Chat
Options

Blast from the past

I asked FI to pick me up some Chapstick while he was at Walmart this weekend and he came home with the strawberry kind (I'm usually a blue girl). I didn't think anything of it and just opened it up a few min and put it on and just had this overwhelming feeling of being a kid again, in my grandparents living room. Any one else have those sensory triggers that make you all warm and fuzzy thinking about loved ones who aren't here anymore? Another one for me is Wethers Originals. My grandpa used to sneak them to me all the time.

Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Blast from the past

• Options
    I LOVE Werther's. I was out with FI's dad the other day and we stopped by this specialty candy store and I got so excited to see the chocolate coins! They were like $3 and tasted just as plastic-y as ever :)
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_chit-chat_blast-from-the-past?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:14Discussion:76f68b8c-b223-4d19-8beb-300c71526638Post:2a8b35ea-69be-4e6d-9f19-928ddebf56d1">Re: Blast from the past</a>:
    [QUOTE]The Werthers does it for me too.  And those little strawberry candies with the hard outside and kind of gooey filling.
    Posted by StageManager14[/QUOTE]

YES! I haven't had those strawberry ones in for-ev-er.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    For me it's the pastel buttermints.  My grandmother alwasy had those on her coffee table; either those of Canada mints.

• Options
    For me it's those orange slice candies. My grandma always had a candy bowl full of those in her kitchen and we always had just one. I'll buy a bag every once in a while and it takes me back. Now I think I need some!
    Photobucket photo 899306-2148.jpg
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_chit-chat_blast-from-the-past?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:14Discussion:76f68b8c-b223-4d19-8beb-300c71526638Post:9acf8ff7-3428-4487-a3d0-1770619c9464">Blast from the past</a>:
    [QUOTE]I asked FI to pick me up some Chapstick while he was at Walmart this weekend and he came home with the strawberry kind (I'm usually a blue girl). I didn't think anything of it and just opened it up a few min and put it on and just had this overwhelming feeling of being a kid again, in my grandparents living room. Any one else have those sensory triggers that make you all warm and fuzzy thinking about loved ones who aren't here anymore? Another one for me is Wethers Originals. My grandpa used to sneak them to me all the time.
    Posted by shanding4787[/QUOTE]
    smells and food do it for me. circus cookies remind me of my nina.
    Ralph Lauren perfume takes me back 11 years when H and I were bf/gf after our movie date.
  • Options
    thejucheideathejucheidea member
    First Anniversary First Answer 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    edited October 2012
    Those chocolate-dipped fruity candy cane sticks. They had them as the after dinner mint at a yacht club we'd always go to with my grandma when we went to visit her in California. I saw them at Big Lots the other day and lost my mind.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards