Chit Chat
Options

Any Vet Techs out there?

DH has a pit and he's lost feeling in all of his legs. He can still move them, but he can't sit up, stand or anything else. DH hasn't gotten home yet, he works over an hour away and I can't move the dog myself or I'd be on the way to the vet with him. Plus, he's getting frustrated and starting to snap when I get near him.

He's 8 years old, and other than this he's been healthy. He was running and playing fine about 10 minutes before this happened.

Any ideas on anything it could be? Someone mentioned poisoning because we had another dog suddenly die about two weeks ago and another dog down the street died this past weekend, but I just don't see it. I've had a dog get poisoned before, and he never acted like this.

Re: Any Vet Techs out there?

• Options
    I have no idea, but I'd be on the phone with the vet immediately if I were you.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    Go to the vet NOW.

I'm not a vet, but FFS if a dog can't stand up - go to the vet ASAP!

You should have gone to the vet when it first started...go NOW.

Planning Bio
    Married 9/15/11

*This is Not Legal Advice*
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_chit-chat_vet-techs-out-there?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:14Discussion:7788f39e-f5ef-4183-abf8-184014fa9af0Post:eaf850d7-e758-4cd1-8456-97de1cd6c815">Re: Any Vet Techs out there?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Go to the vet NOW. I'm not a vet, but FFS if a dog can't stand up - go to the vet ASAP! You should have gone to the vet when it first started...go NOW.
    Posted by redheadfsu[/QUOTE]

I would be on the way to the vet, but I can't carry the dog. He weighs as much as I do. DH is almost home, and as soon as he get's here we're going. We have neighbors, but none of the one's I know are home.

Edit: I have spoken with a vet, and they know he's coming. They think he may have hurt a disk or pulled a nerve in his back.
  • Options
    Hope he's ok. Please update us
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    After bloodwork and several tests they think he had a seizure and is now in the process of recovering from it. He is in no pain what so ever, and he still has feeling in his legs. He's still eating, wanting to play, and overall happy. He's just not sure how to stand up or do other tasks (which is why they think it's a seizure). The vet sent him back home with us, he's still not walking, but said he should be ok in the next day or so. If he's still not acting right tomorrow afternoon, we'll take him back.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_chit-chat_vet-techs-out-there?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:14Discussion:7788f39e-f5ef-4183-abf8-184014fa9af0Post:408b0dfa-7559-4335-b89b-20084d830778">Re: Any Vet Techs out there?</a>:
    [QUOTE]After bloodwork and several tests they think he had a seizure and is now in the process of recovering from it. He is in no pain what so ever, and he still has feeling in his legs. He's still eating, wanting to play, and overall happy. He's just not sure how to stand up or do other tasks (which is why they think it's a seizure). The vet sent him back home with us, he's still not walking, but said he should be ok in the next day or so. If he's still not acting right tomorrow afternoon, we'll take him back.
    Posted by CRH2011[/QUOTE]

Oh ok.

So sorry, but hopefully he gets well soon. I'm sending good thoughts & hugs your & his way!

Planning Bio
    Married 9/15/11

*This is Not Legal Advice*
  • Options
    I hope he gets better real soon. Crossing fingers and paws for him. Sending prayers his way from me and my 5 pups
  • Options
    He's still not walking or acting like he knows how to stand up. Guess we'll be heading back tomorrow morning if he hasn't improved. We called the vet tonight and told us to wait until in the morning he may just need a little more time. It's apparently something in his brain, and if he can't recover on his own there isn't anything they can do for him and we'll have to have him put down.

Here's to hoping for some good news tomorrow.
  • Options
    I'm so sorry!! I hope you guys get good news!!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards