Chit Chat
Options

What do I do?

So my fiance and I are planning on getting married October 20.  We just got engaged in which I am aware that there is not much time to do the planning.  I am come across something that is bothering me though.  My fiance has a family friend that loves weddings, and wants to help plan every wedding she knows of, but she is not a professional and tries to make the weddings her own.  I am not trying to be mean or anything of that sort, but I am not really liking her help.  I appreciate that she is putting forth an effort to make the expeirience better.  I would like to let her know that I appreciate all the hard work she has done to help but I think I will be fine by myself or maybe her only doing things that I ask her to do.  I have no idea on how to go about this tactfully. HELP!!!!!

Re: What do I do?

• Options
    First of all, don't ask for her input and don't tell her what your plans are.  Just make wedding plans with your FI and keep them to yourself around her.  When she says something like "hey, so let's talk about the flowers," respond with "that's sweet of you to think of us, but FI and I already have it covered, thanks."  If she makes or buys things for your wedding unsolicited, you're not obligated to use those items, and it's fine to say "wow, I'm touched, but FI and I are already using XYZ for whatever, so we won't be able to use these lovely ABCs that you made/bought/whatever."
    imagemy to-read shelf:
    Steph's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (to-read shelf)
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_chit-chat_what-do-i-do-2?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:14Discussion:793dd097-ca93-4239-bab3-54696566d2b5Post:c2e6b182-25d4-4a54-9581-fe26d975c67b">What do I do?</a>:
    [QUOTE]So my fiance and I are planning on getting married October 20.  We just got engaged in which I am aware that there is not much time to do the planning.  I am come across something that is bothering me though.  My fiance has a family friend that loves weddings, and wants to help plan every wedding she knows of, but she is not a professional and tries to make the weddings her own.  I am not trying to be mean or anything of that sort, but I am not really liking her help.  I appreciate that she is putting forth an effort to make the expeirience better.  I would like to let her know that I appreciate all the hard work she has done to help but I think I will be fine by myself or maybe her only doing things that I ask her to do.  I have no idea on how to go about this tactfully. HELP!!!!!
    Posted by rwhitlatch[/QUOTE]

Let your FI deal with her.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards