New Hampshire

Wingate Salon

Hi all,
Has anyone used the Wingate Salon for their hair/makeup for their wedding? I am getting married in southern Maine but I am considering driving to NH for them but I want to hear some recommendations first!
Any other recommendations for salons are helpful too. Thanks!
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Wingate Salon

• The Wingate is my go-to for all of my salon needs!  Christine is my usual stylist, and I always ask for Tasha to do my nails.  Because I live nearby, I saw both of them for several months before the wedding and they even helped me with a long-term plan to ensure both my hair and nails were at the perfect growth and health, without even pushing any expensive products on me.

Sadly, I was not able to have them do my wedding because they don't travel and it wasn't feasible for us to travel to them and then back to our wedding venue in Windham, NH.  But until I found out they didn't travel, they were definitely my first choice!  Their customer service is phenomenal, and they serve great food (their scones, and strawberries with warm chocolate?  To die for! AND a great tea selection!).  And if you have the time to check them out and treat yourself to a spa day, I also highly recommend any of their massage packages as well.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Our experience was not that great.  After paying for trials they switched up both the makeup and stylist and thought nothing of it.  Mani/pedis went fine, could accomodate all 5.  Day of, I waited over 1/2 hr for stylist to come in, was a bit nerve wracking at the time. Jen ? the coordinator was a bit ditsy.  Would say one thing and then forget the next time we spoke.  I still use them on occasion but not like I used to.  Pricier than other spas.
  • Cannot recommend them enough. Have used for two weddings now and they were so great. I thought the coordinator was so helpful...she kept it all amazingly organized. You dealt only with her which helped. The room in the back is perfect and private only for your group. We have used a few stylists and make up artists and all good. So many compliments at the weddings about how we looked. Food is yummy...I agree with above post! We picked them based on wedding wire reviews and they have nice photos on website tours.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards