Chit Chat
Options

Teen Mom 2

Does anyone here watch Teen Mom 2? I'll admit, it's my guilty pleasure. Anyway...Leah has just confirmed that she is now engaged to her boyfriend of about six months and pregnant with his kid. (Hopefully not twins again!)

3 kids under the age of 3 and on her second husband by the age of 20. Sigh. And I was rooting for her, too! 
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Daisypath Graduation tickers

Re: Teen Mom 2

• Options

really? i didn't know she left her husband.

• Options
    With all the help from her and Cory's families, she really had the best chance of making it. 

I can't believe that's true. It's so sad. But a quarter of teen moms get pregnant again before their first child turns two, and I think the twins are about that age.

Also- what is a BASW?
    LilySlim Weight loss tickers Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_chit-chat_teen-mom-2-4?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:14Discussion:7b8df678-8e39-4463-93ba-990af2c84a08Post:9ab06ba3-ed6d-4ac3-9391-9036e7eb55e8">Re: Teen Mom 2</a>:
    [QUOTE]really? i didn't know she left her husband.
    Posted by hmacsine[/QUOTE]

<div>Yup, she filed for divorce in April, I believe.</div>
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

• Options
    BunnyChiiBunnyChii member
    First Comment First Anniversary
    edited January 2012
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_chit-chat_teen-mom-2-4?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:14Discussion:7b8df678-8e39-4463-93ba-990af2c84a08Post:53e14947-f0ef-46a1-b878-d16f8b5b8210">Re: Teen Mom 2</a>:
    [QUOTE]With all the help from her and Cory's families, she really had the best chance of making it.  I can't believe that's true. It's so sad. But a quarter of teen moms get pregnant again before their first child turns two, and I think the twins are about that age. <strong>Also- what is a BASW?</strong>
    Posted by meg65[/QUOTE]

<div>Yeah, I know the statistics. Teen pregnancy is actually pretty high in my family (although I don't have any kids.) It's still sad because I thought she was going to make it, as you said. </div><div>
    </div><div>BASW is a Bachelor's of Arts in Social Work.</div>
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

• Options
    So is a BSW a Bachelors of Science in SW? What's the difference?

I'm working on my MSW, but I didn't get a BSW or BASW so I don't know :)
    LilySlim Weight loss tickers Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_chit-chat_teen-mom-2-4?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:14Discussion:7b8df678-8e39-4463-93ba-990af2c84a08Post:6c480dd5-5cc9-4a5f-8ebe-dbb66810c711">Re: Teen Mom 2</a>:
    [QUOTE]So is a BSW a Bachelors of Science in SW? What's the difference? I'm working on my MSW, but I didn't get a BSW or BASW so I don't know :)
    Posted by meg65[/QUOTE]

<div>A BSW is just a Bachelor's in Social Work. I don't know what the exact differences between the two are or if there are any differences. My school just offers a BASW. It may have to do with what the school focuses on in the curriculum, but I couldn't tell you for sure.</div><div>
    </div><div>And good luck on your MSW! I plan to get mine after I finish up my bachelor's. =)</div>
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

• Options
    I'm getting over that show. I used to love it, but these girls are just ridiculous. How many times is Chelsea going to get back with Adam? I get that he's the baby's father, but he's abusive to her. And every single episode they fight, he leaves, he leaves her a nasty text, she calls him crying, rinse and repeat. "I still want to try to make things work." She says that in every episode. Kailyn talks to every adult like they owe her an apology. It's very bizarre. And I still can not believe that charity is helping her. Her living situation sucked, but she wasn't forced out onto the streets. She chose to move out. There are better people who could use the housing funds. Jenelle presses charges on Keifer for assault and she seriously cries because no one will help them bail him out of jail? She's out of her mind. And, yeah, Leah cheats on Corey then files for divorce. She still might make it, but not without hurting her daughters in the process.
  • Options
    I don't see the Leah being pregnant and engaged story on any site I consider to be legit yet, so I'm going to choose to believe its not true. For her sake, I hope it is just a silly rumor.

I feel like Teen Mom 2 is really awkward and seems more scripted than Teen Mom. Like with Chelsea and Adam, every time you see them on the screen together they're talking about how they're relationship is doing better or worse for that moment. I feel like normal people don't bring that up so often.
    Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    BunnyChiiBunnyChii member
    First Comment First Anniversary
    edited January 2012
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_chit-chat_teen-mom-2-4?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:14Discussion:7b8df678-8e39-4463-93ba-990af2c84a08Post:2b4fa927-3b58-49f0-8fe8-41edb8f64782">Re: Teen Mom 2</a>:
    [QUOTE]I <strong>don't see the Leah being pregnant and engaged story on any site I consider to be legit yet, so I'm going to choose to believe its not true. For her sake, I hope it is just a silly rumor. I</strong> feel like Teen Mom 2 is really awkward and seems more scripted than Teen Mom. Like with Chelsea and Adam, every time you see them on the screen together they're talking about how they're relationship is doing better or worse for that moment. I feel like normal people don't bring that up so often.
    Posted by hbatchel2[/QUOTE]

<div>She has confirmed it herself. Her official fan pages have confirmed it. It's true.</div><div>
    </div><div>And I agree with you that it's heavily scripted.</div><div>
    EDIT: My mistake, Leah hasn't come out and said it herself, however her official fan sites that are in contact with her have confimed the news. And they're the ones who are usually bashing on the mags for publishing rumors.</div>
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

• Options
    Posted from her Facebook fan page:

"Leah is 7 weeks pregnant and due on August 22nd, 
    Contrary to popular belief, Leah did not know she was pregnant when the rumors first started surfacing last month. She didn’t find out until her trip to New York, where she purchased two pregnancy tests. One negative, and a day later, one positive.

Jeremy took no hesitation in popping the question on Christmas day while spending time with Leah and his future twin step-daughters.

This pregnancy was not planned and Leah was on birth control. Leah regrets that she may be sending the wrong message to teens, but is confident in her abilities as a mother and is excited to have another baby on the way."
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

• Options
    I agree that it seems more scripted. In one scene Chelsea asks Adam to watch Aubrey so she can talk to her sister in the next room. Then it shows the two girls talking on the bed... it was as though the producers were, like, "we need a conversation to help recap what's going on..." It definitely seemed very planned out, scripted or not.
  • Options
    I also watch the show but it's getting ridiculous.  But then again everyone loves watching a trainwreck.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_chit-chat_teen-mom-2-4?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:14Discussion:7b8df678-8e39-4463-93ba-990af2c84a08Post:12923b36-3907-4c1a-9047-85bcdee05840">Re: Teen Mom 2</a>:
    [QUOTE]I also watch the show but it's getting ridiculous.  But then again everyone loves watching a trainwreck.
    Posted by HobokenBride2012[/QUOTE]

Prety much this. Although I really am starting to hate Janelle. Shes irritating. If his FRIEND doesnt want to bail him out hes porb not the best guy around.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    I watch Teen Mom.. it's also a guilty pleasure.

I'm really surprised by Leah! Although, she didn't seem too sure about marrying Cory last season.

Jenelle is my favorite just because it's so ammusing to watch. She just keeps making the same mistakes over and over. Common girl, when are you going to learn your lesson? I do a really funny impression of her mom.

Anxiously awaiting baby #1! Baby BOY Due: May 30, 2013! Lilypie Maternity tickers

• Options
    Its just ovr and over with her the same thing, IM IIKE GROW UP. You dont get to see chase cuz you suck as a mom. Youd rather party and fight then see your son.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    I liked Leah too. Boo. 

I hope Janelle isn't pregnant. I don't think her mom needs to raise another one of her children. 
  • Options
    I love Teen Mom 2.  Chelsea is my favorite, but I also really like Leah.  My fiance likes to watch Jenelle's mom yell at her. *lol*

I also really liked Farrah.
  • Options
    edited January 2012
    I admit that this is one of my guilty pleasures.

Chelsea bugs the heck out of me.  She seems very immature.  She needs to focus on school and her daughter and stop stressing over her jerk of a boyfriend.  And I hate how her dad enables her.  He's setting her up to be a leech forever, never able to care for herself.

Personality-wise, I like Leah.  She seems sweet.  But wow, being pregnant again?  SMH.

Kailyn's weird.  I like that she's responsible, but her personality is odd.  She never seems to just let loose and smile.  Her tone is always very clipped and rather snarly.

Jenelle... ick.  She's a mess.  I hate watching her scream at her mom.  Her little boy is absolutely adorable, and I hope he's not negatively affected by his mom's antics.
    PitaPata Cat tickers Anniversary
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards