Chit Chat
Options

whose wedding is it anyways?

I am watching that show right now, and one of the planners is helping  lady plan a wedding with a 42 person bridal party!!!!! a what 42 person bridal party! dear lord. lol

i would pull my hair out , she is a good bride to deal with all of that. Well i mean the wedding planner is because that is alot of people to get together & etc.

Re: whose wedding is it anyways?

• Options
    That's insane lol
    Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    yea i know. good thing she had the patience to put up with it . i couldnt do it.
  • Options
    Yeah, I think that's well past the point where being in the wedding stops being an honor.  Geez, there may not even be 42 people at my wedding total...
    This is a neglected planning bio.
    This is a belated married bio, with no reviews yet because I'm lazy.

Sometimes I feel like people think that brides are delicate little flower princesses who get all dressed up and pretty for one special moment of their dreams, when really they're just normal people who just happen to be getting married. Things shouldn't have to be sugar-coated for grown-ass women. -mstar284
  • Options

I thought that I had a lot with 7! 5 are sisters, how many of these are the Bride's siblings?!

*marc & catrina*
    *10.9.10*
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_chit-chat_wedding-anyways?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:14Discussion:8cf16189-4141-4579-b8df-9182b34aaaa6Post:b5814bb2-296b-46e7-9d12-11e48c2dc046">whose wedding is it anyways?</a>:
    [QUOTE]I am watching that show right now, and one of the planners is helping  lady plan a wedding with a 42 person bridal party!!!!! a what 42 person bridal party! dear lord. lol i would pull my hair out , she is a good bride to deal with all of that. Well i mean the wedding planner is because that is alot of people to get together & etc.
    Posted by Shaki[/QUOTE]

42 People...  I wonder what she'll be buying them as thank-you gifts for being in the wedding party.  If we had that many be would only be able to afford gifts from Oriental Trading Company.
  • Options
    I love that show!  Saw an episode (from my DVR) this morning where a couple planned a 5k budget wedding in TEN DAYS.  And it came out absolutely stunning.  I was very impressed :-)
  • Options
    Wha? That's insane. Is every single guest a member of the WP?
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_chit-chat_wedding-anyways?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:14Discussion:8cf16189-4141-4579-b8df-9182b34aaaa6Post:87c5c5a1-ba4c-4159-9271-57fbb582da3c">Re: whose wedding is it anyways?</a>:
    [QUOTE]I love that show!  Saw an episode (from my DVR) this morning where a couple planned a 5k budget wedding in TEN DAYS.  And it came out absolutely stunning.  I was very impressed :-)
    Posted by CCBelle[/QUOTE]

Yeah-no.  I'm betting that the "budgets" you see on those shows is not at all what it would be IRL.  I'm betting that those vendors give great "deals" to be featured on the program.  And you often see the planners calling in favors, etc as well.

I irks me because they make brides think that they, too, can pull off a wedding for 5K, when in reality, it probably would cost 3X that.
    "Trix, it's what they/our parents wanted. Why so judgemental? And why is your wedding date over a year and a half ago? And why do you not have a groom's name? And why have you posted over 12,000 posts? And why do you always say mean things to brides?" palegirl146
  • Options

42 is insane...but not gonna lie including fg and rb we have 17 in our wp which i think is a bit insane.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
    156image 108image 48image RSVP Due 5/18
    New Bio
  • Options
    I love that show!
  • Options
    trix1223
    I actually have two friends that got married and both pulled off a 5K wedding. That is my limit and so far so good!

You just have a know a few people and know where to look :)
  • Options
    I'm not saying a 5K wedding can't be pulled off.  It most certainly can.  And it will be lovely and wonderful, because two people who love each other will be getting married.  Just so they don't expect it to look anything like a ::cough, cough 5K wedding:: looks on tv wedding shows.
    "Trix, it's what they/our parents wanted. Why so judgemental? And why is your wedding date over a year and a half ago? And why do you not have a groom's name? And why have you posted over 12,000 posts? And why do you always say mean things to brides?" palegirl146
  • Options

they were in sororities (sp) so they had the brothers and sisters and she had childhood friends and then there were like 8 children doing like the ring barrier , flower girl , & etc. like wow. lol.

• Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_chit-chat_wedding-anyways?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:14Discussion:8cf16189-4141-4579-b8df-9182b34aaaa6Post:6226fc6a-d294-42d6-b997-166319767ba1">Re: whose wedding is it anyways?</a>:
    [QUOTE]they were in sororities (sp) so they had the brothers and sisters and she had childhood friends and then there were like 8 children doing like the ring barrier , flower girl , & etc. like wow. lol.
    Posted by Shaki[/QUOTE]

ring barrier=the one who won't let the couple get near the rings.
    ring bearer=the child who carries the rings down the aisle.
  • Options
    There are days I wonder is 3 attendants each are too many
  • Options
    Sounds like a catch for the groom. Apparently he's got a girl that so eager to please everyone and not hurt anyone's feelings that she knows no limits and has a 42 person wedding party. I'm sure he will be very happy.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards