Chit Chat
Options

busty and looking for a bikini - help?

The title explains my dilemma pretty succinctly I believe.. I should add that I don't want to spend hundreds of dollars. Any recommendations?

I've been looking on Zappos for their underwire bikinis, and most of them are really expensive ($80+ for the top!) and I already have a Body Glove Smoothies one. I'm just looking for options for the HM.

TIA!
Pregnancy Ticker

Re: busty and looking for a bikini - help?

• Options
    rsannarsanna member
    5 Love Its First Comment First Anniversary
    edited May 2012
    I just got a new swimsuit here.

http://www.swimwearplace.com/

I haven't actually been able to officially try it yet, so I can't comment on quality but it seems really good.  (So excited for the pools to open up!)  I don't know if they have any with underwires, but the one I got (actually a tankini) is much more supportive than anything else I've had.  

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I got mine at JCPenny last year, I need an XL on top and medium on the bottom so I have to go someplace that sells separates. I like the triangle top but need the thicker straps to hold me in, I have tried the stringy ones and am constantly adjusting the,. I wear the type of top on the left in the link.

Wedding Countdown Ticker 95image Invited 66image Ready to party 21image Declined
  • Options
    Do a google search and find an online shop that sells Freya swimwear.  I'm a 36DD (TMI?) and have lots of touble buying cute tops that also keep everything where it should be!   They have sizing up to G & H depending on the top style.
    I bought two Freya bikinis before our HM, both on sale, and think I spent about $90... it can be done!

• Options
    Just looked up Freya and some of it is SUPER cute!! Are their tops true to size? We're the same size (TMI again? haha) so hopefully if they work for you they'll work for me :)
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_chit-chat_busty-and-looking-for-a-bikini-help?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:14Discussion:8d746824-a97a-4eeb-ae02-014bf4dfaa3aPost:8f65b730-3a80-4dcf-916b-a3e6a92844bc">Re: busty and looking for a bikini - help?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Just looked up Freya and some of it is SUPER cute!! Are their tops true to size? We're the same size (TMI again? haha) so hopefully if they work for you they'll work for me :)
    Posted by kristenbeddia[/QUOTE]

The two tops I bought were actually 36D and not DD... I waffle back and forth between the two sizes when I buy a bra depending on the cut.  I'd say if you're a DD in absolutely everything, to go with the DD... but if you're a bit on the fence like me, go with the D.
    Also, buy from a site with a good return policy... just in case :)
  • Options
    I got mine from VS. I got the entire bathing suit for around $50.00 and I'm a DD.
    imageVacation
  • Options
    I generally get mine from JC Penney or Target.  I tried some from Victoria's Secret but I couldn't wear them comfortably (but that is because I'm fairly modest when I'm in public). 

I'm a 34/36 D and I generally find that halter tops work the best for me, and not stringy ones they offer me no support.  Racerback also give me the support I need.  I generally find the tanktop style (meaning one string over each shoulder) does not hold me in, and I feel uncomfortable (same with strapless).

Target has cute suits this year, as do JCPenney and Kohls!!  Good luck!! :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I triple (quadruple?) the Freya recommendation. I've bought from barenecessities.com in the past with success.
  • Options
    Just chiming in...I love Freya! I'm above a D-cup so all of my bras tend to be from Freya and they run true to size. Jcrew has had cute swimsuits in the past too
    Anniversary
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards