Chit Chat
Options

creative ideas for including the dog?

We have an awesome standard poodle, and we'd love to include him in some way in our wedding festivities.  We're not wanting him to be in the ceremony (my cousin did this with his dog with disasterous results) and the reception location isn't at all pet-friendly.

We'd obviously have him in some pictures, and we were thinking of somehow working him into our wedding favours (thinking, for example of having a pic of him on a Jones soda or something to that effect).

I'm thinking maybe something at the rehearsal dinner, or...?

thanks!
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: creative ideas for including the dog?

• Options
    graci67graci67 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited September 2012
    i know how you feel! we have three dogs, and they are like our kids. we are having our three incorporated into our save the date photos. each will have a sign around their neck with save the date and we will hold the actual date sign. as for the favors, maybe take some fun photos of him to put on each table? ive seen that before. have fun with it! its something you will remember when your furkids are no longer around!
  • Options
    We put our dog in our family picture on our favor packets.
  • Options
    A former knottie took pictures of her pets posed with wooden numbers and used them for their table numbers.  They looked super fun.

Everything the light touches is my kingdom.
  • Options

in lieu of favors we are making a donation to the humane society one of our dogs was rescued from. at the reception we're going to have a table with pictures our three dogs and caramel apples with the donation cards attached. that way the guests still guests still get a little something.

• Options
    I really wanted to include my dog in the wedding too but know that it would end up being total chaos. We decided to frame pictures of him to use as our table numbers so he still feels like a part of our big day.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_chit-chat_creative-ideas-for-including-the-dog?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:14Discussion:8e5d111c-363d-4690-95bd-99cf0621be72Post:9c4ca27e-ce6e-4769-b943-0f2e5a7d619d">Re: creative ideas for including the dog?</a>:
    [QUOTE]in lieu of favors we are making a donation to the humane society one of our dogs was rescued from. at the reception we're going to have a table with pictures our three dogs and caramel apples with the donation cards attached. that way the guests still guests still get a little something.
    Posted by SJM7538[/QUOTE]

You're not really doing it in lieu of favors if you're still giving favors (the caramel apples). Which is totally fine, but I would leave the donation cards off of the apples. Just give the guests apples and donate in private. It's very AW to me to let everyone know where and when you donate.

OP: I would not bring the dog to the RD or actual wedding. PPs have given good suggestions of other ways to include him in pictures, on favors, etc.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Vacation
  • Options
    FI and I will be including our dogs in our save-the-dates. I would love to have them at the wedding but I think it would be a little overwhelming for them. Plus, I really don't want dog hair on my dress lol!

I think PP have posted some great ideas!
  • Options
    A friend of mine recently included a pic of their dog in their wedding "logo" on pint glasses that they gave as favors. It's a pretty goofy pic and it makes me smile every time I use that glass.

Another idea is to hire a dog sitter to bring your dog out for pictures and then take them back home. We did include our dogs in the ceremony but had a dog sitter to be in charge of them. After pictures, she took them home & gave them dinner and got them settled in.
  • Options
    I like J&K's suggestion.

Also, if you have a lot of guest that have dogs then maybe you can have a dog favor station? Put pictures of your dog on the table with dog treats etc. That may not be the greatest idea but I thought it sounded interesting.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_chit-chat_creative-ideas-for-including-the-dog?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:14Discussion:8e5d111c-363d-4690-95bd-99cf0621be72Post:20f2648d-4e69-4c6c-937a-0b6b7135abd2">Re: creative ideas for including the dog?</a>:
    [QUOTE]I like J&K's suggestion. Also, if you have a lot of guest that have dogs then maybe you can have a dog favor station? <strong>Put pictures of your dog on the table with dog treats etc. That may not be the greatest idea but I thought it sounded interesting.
    </strong>Posted by SunriseAmber[/QUOTE]

I really like this idea. We are huge animal people and about 90 percent of our guest are aware of this.

Thansk for the idea! I may use it.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_chit-chat_creative-ideas-for-including-the-dog?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:14Discussion:8e5d111c-363d-4690-95bd-99cf0621be72Post:273cc59c-ed75-4d56-97cc-2b11c08b6e75">Re: creative ideas for including the dog?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: creative ideas for including the dog? : I really like this idea. We are huge animal people and about 90 percent of our guest are aware of this. Thansk for the idea! I may use it.
    Posted by SJM7538[/QUOTE]

YAY! I'm glad you liked my idea. Thanks!
  • Options
    We are lucky that the person doing our cake is so good - she is making the topper from scratch and its a man and wife, and black lab!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards