Chit Chat

crazy best man..

Re: crazy best man..

• Wait a minute. Let's put this in perspective. This girl doesn't want to talk to you, but your FI's BM still talks to her. YOu say she won't talk to you ad you can't get a hold of her, but obviously he can. So she isn't missing, she just doesn't want to talk to you.

The BM is right. You have no right to tell him who he can and can't talk to. He is an adult and can make his own decisions about who to hang around with. He didn't have anything to do with what happenned between the 2 of you, so why should he stop talking to her as well? Just because he is your FI's BM doesn't mean his enemies are your enemies, or he has to dislike her just because she dislikes you.

You need to seriously calm down. You need to deal with the friendship issue with your MOH and not worry about the BM and who he talks to. Its really none of your business. You don't mention that your MOH did anything to make anyone else dislike her, so why should they? Just because she disliked him when they first met doesn't mean she dislikes him now. You have no way of knowing because you don't talk to her anymore!

If you really want to communicate with her, write her a letter and put it in the mail. I'd even say you could try using his line of communication to get in touch with her. However, don't tell the BM, a grown man, who to talk to and who not to talk to. That is petty and childish.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • And.... how is this your business?
    This is a neglected planning bio.
    This is a belated married bio, with no reviews yet because I'm lazy.

Sometimes I feel like people think that brides are delicate little flower princesses who get all dressed up and pretty for one special moment of their dreams, when really they're just normal people who just happen to be getting married. Things shouldn't have to be sugar-coated for grown-ass women. -mstar284
  • SarahPLizSarahPLiz member
    First Comment
    edited February 2010
    But if he calls and she answers, then she doesn't dislike him as much as she once told you. And if he still calls her, then he doesn't dislike her that much either. I think you are just jealous because he talks to her.

And none of this gives you the right to tell adults who they can and can not talk to. For all you know, since you don't talk to her anymore, they could have something going on, on the DL. They just aren't telling you because they don't want you in their business.

Its not your business who he talks to. You need to deal with her and leave him out of it.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • Yeah, still not seeing how any of this involves you.
    This is a neglected planning bio.
    This is a belated married bio, with no reviews yet because I'm lazy.

Sometimes I feel like people think that brides are delicate little flower princesses who get all dressed up and pretty for one special moment of their dreams, when really they're just normal people who just happen to be getting married. Things shouldn't have to be sugar-coated for grown-ass women. -mstar284
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_chit-chat_crazy-man?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:14Discussion:918e5204-3fbb-4d60-94d7-9dcef063f5eaPost:43c46b23-3a34-4ff2-a788-b4dbb2a04a32">crazy best man..</a>:
    [QUOTE]So here's my issue.. I have been with my fiance for 7 and a half years, we got engaged in july. My best friend of 16 years went totally nuts. Deleted me off of facebook and won't tell me why won't answer phone calls or texts.I would drive to her house and find out what's wrong if she didn't live 1,000 miles away from me. My finaces best man decided it would be a good idea to start talking to her when my fiance and i got engaged in july because she was the maid of honor. Now that we aren't speaking he is decided to continue talking to her. Even though when the first met he hated her and she doesn't like him. To this day she doesn't like him. He still talks to her and when we asked him to stop he freaked out and said no one tells me what to do and said he was still going to talk to her. I was crying about this for 3 days before my finace started an arguement with him about not speaking to her. They never talked EVER before until we got engaged and he won't stop talking to her? Even though he knows how upset about this I am... I just don't really think that is the right thing to do, its like me talking to his ex that dumped him after 2 years... I just needed to vent and im sorry.
    Posted by jenn81502[/QUOTE]

<div>Ok, so this guy is talking to someone that used to be your friend.  You are insisting that he cut off all communication with her, since she is no longer your friend.  He refuses, saying he is an adult and he can be friends with or speak to anyone he wants.  And <em>he's</em> the crazy one in this situation?  </div><div>
    </div><div>What on earth makes you think you get to tell people who they can and can't be friends with?  You are the crazy one in this situation.</div>
  • FWIW:  My DD has a friend who she adores.  They met in HS band, and she detested him.  She would come home nearly every day of freshman year complaining about this kid who was "so annoying".

Fast forward:  They got to know each other, and now are dear friends.  Things change.  People change.  People change their minds about people.  People who used to hate another person finds out they're not so bad.

It's none of your business who the BM talks to.  You don't get to rule his social life because he's a member of your WP.  Let this go.
    "Trix, it's what they/our parents wanted. Why so judgemental? And why is your wedding date over a year and a half ago? And why do you not have a groom's name? And why have you posted over 12,000 posts? And why do you always say mean things to brides?" palegirl146
  • How are his friends any of your business?  If she doesn't want to be your friend anymore that is between you and her and has nothing to do with their friendship.

I would think you would be crying because your best friend is ignoring you, not because your FI's BM is talking to her.  You don't seem to be upset over the important things.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards