Chit Chat
Options

Small Hands

So my FI bought a ring from Robbins Brothers, initally it was a 4.5 but had to have them take it down to a 4!  But it's still too big.  They spoke to me about putting placement beads in it BUT because the band is so small and thin there is no place for them. 

I'm not sure what to do.  The FI suggest that I go to the store and find one that fits.  But that means that I picked my own ring...

Any suggestions?
Wedding Countdown Ticker
My Planning Bio - Update 6/8/2012 LilySlim Weight loss tickers

110 Ready to have a Good Time image Final Head Count

Re: Small Hands

• Options
    Can they not make the ring any smaller? Or is 4, the smallest they'll go?
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    4 is the smallest they can go...
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

• Options
    I picked out my own ring, it's really not a big deal if that's the rout you want to go. 
  • Options
    What is wrong with picking your own ring?
  • Options

I'm going to go today and look at some different ones...

Wedding Countdown Ticker

• Options
    I picked out my own and love it
    Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    It can be easy to get caught up in all the "romantic" aspects of getting married, but sometimes they're not realistic.
    If you pick out your own ring, it doesn't make it any less meaningful.
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    When we were looking, I picked out 3 rings that I liked. DH made the final decision on which ring as well as the stone size.

There's nothing wrong with looking and finding your own ring. Many brides go that route today.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    edited January 2012
    When my FI proposed money was tight, but we wanted to get married and he wanted to give me something - so the ring he bought wasn't a set.

After both of our finances got more stable we went shopping for our wedding rings together and helped eachother pick them out. I don't think anything is wrong with that, but be sure and check with your FI. You don't want hurt feelings.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    My FI and I went together to look at rings twice. I showed him which one I liked best, and... Voila! It's the one he bought!

Have fun with it- I sure did!

Anxiously awaiting baby #1! Baby BOY Due: May 30, 2013! Lilypie Maternity tickers

• Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_chit-chat_small-hands?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:14Discussion:94a542a5-284b-4ac4-99f5-0c7c25589f3dPost:295d5c9b-56ea-4715-aee0-037e1a0f70a1">Re: Small Hands</a>:
    [QUOTE]When we were looking,<strong> I picked out 3 rings that I liked. DH made the final decision on which ring as well as the stone size</strong>. There's nothing wrong with looking and finding your own ring. Many brides go that route today.
    Posted by NcsuPsych[/QUOTE]

My H and I did the same thing.
  • Options
    I wouldn't be too worried about picking your own ring. like Yaga said, just make sure it can be sized down to where you need it. 

My ring had to be sent away - twice - to be resized since they basically had to re-make the entire thing each time. My hands aren't that small (I'm a 4.5) and I have a simple 3-stone setting which is the only reason it was doable in the first place. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

Life is good today.
  • Options
    My goodness you have tiny fingers! Having said that, good luck! I know it can be hard to find something that you really like. I actually bought my own ering because it was on sale for 50% off and i knew that FH would never pick something like it for me. I fell in love with it.

Don't worry, it will work out one way or the other!
  • Options
    Alright so I got another ring with a thicker band, almost similar to what he had originally picked and it FITS!  They sized it to a size 4 and it's WONDERFUL!!  Thanks for all the help!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards