Chit Chat
Options

DRA-MA (kinda long vent)

So, my FBIL and his wife have never really made it to family things. He's not a "kid person" so he doesn't come to birthdays or Christenings. And he part-owns a club so Friday and Saturday nights are out anyway. Or Wednesdays. Or Thursdays. We had a family vacay last month to Wisconsin Dells and he didn't go. Frankly, no one expected him to.

Three weeks ago, my FI was in tears because his brother was waffling about a groomsmen outing that was arranged just so he could make it.

Last week, FI's mom got re-re-married (no problem with me, I like the guy). It was a small casual thing on a Monday night. FMIL asked FI to tell his brother for her, since he's never really been thrilled with any of her BFs/husbands. From what I understand, FI tried to call his brother with no response. He responded with an "ok" to his text with a general idea that he wasn't coming. FI walked his mom down the "aisle" and no one else mentioned the missing brother.

Fast forward to today. I just got a call from FBIL's wife (who is also one of my bridesmaids) fuming about how pissed she is at both of us for with 3 very specific complaints:

a.) We didn't tell them about the wedding (not true)
b.) I was apparently "talking sh!t" about them at the wedding (this is according to another one of my bridesmaids who wasn't even at the wedding and also not true).
c.) We don't tell them about any family functions and FSIL ends up getting "thrown under the bus". (I didn't know it was our responsibility to tell them when Christmas/mother's birthday/Easter was)

Now FI is LIVID and about to cut his brother, his SIL and the yapping BM out of our wedding.

This is all too much for me.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards