Chit Chat

Wedding Websites for Guests

So I want to create a website for my guests to visit since most of them are out of town. My question is, what should I include on the site. Should I show all my planning? Should it be a blog? I have seen both kinds for weddings...I am not sure what I should do. Anyone have one they can show me as an example? I was thinking of using blogspot (I don't like weebly) and making it blog style, but like I said...not sure what I should include...
My Bio!
(it's still a work in progress)
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Wedding Websites for Guests

• We used mywedding.com.  Ours had a few pictures, but it was more logistical information.  I seriously doubted anyone wanted to hear about my planning or us gushing about how we met.  If our guests cared, they would ask.  

I had maps/directions, hotel info, transportation info, and links to a few tourist things in case any OOT people wanted to do other stuff while they were in town.  
  • I have both, one for guests and one for planning.  I used the one off of TK for my guests website.  It pretty much lays everything out for you.  And has templates of what you should include.  it even has a guestbook for your friends and family to sign when they visit your website.  
  • to the girls who did the wedding website, how did you let your guests know the web address? Did you include it in the formal invitations or by word of mouth?
    171 Were Invited to the fun!image
    141 Are ready to party! image
    30 Have other plans! image
    0 Haven't checked their mailbox yet! image
  • I am going to include the website address on the STDs and on an insert in the invitations. 

• I used the one off of the knot.  I really liked the amount of information you could put on it.  It wasn't too much, or too little.  I thought it was perfect.  I especially liked the guest book part where people could leave you messages!
  • My planning bio is through Weebly, my guest website is through Wedding Wire.  I liked the tools that Wedding Wire offered, like a very robust online RSVP, a guest book, a music request form, and so on.
    This is a neglected planning bio.
    This is a belated married bio, with no reviews yet because I'm lazy.

Sometimes I feel like people think that brides are delicate little flower princesses who get all dressed up and pretty for one special moment of their dreams, when really they're just normal people who just happen to be getting married. Things shouldn't have to be sugar-coated for grown-ass women. -mstar284
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards