Chit Chat
Options

Worst Qualities in a manager?

What are the worst qualities in a manager? Please fill out. Thanks! Its for my management class.
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Re: Worst Qualities in a manager?

• Options
    Oh, considering I have had a few, I could go on and on with this one.

I despise a manager who:

-springs things on you at the last minute who swears they told you about them even though they never did (I guess this goes along with the communication thing_
    -uses nepotism
    -is a two-faced b!tch
    -acts like they are still in high school, perpetuating gossip and rumors

• Options
    Wow, just one? 

I dislike when managers hang you out to dry in order to save their own butt.  Or when they take credit for your work. Or one who pretends that everything is great until your evaluation, then tells you that you aren't meeting their expectations (which they never told you in the first place).   I guess this falls under, "two-faced b*tch"???

Allowing a negative work environment is pretty bad, especially when it's something like discrimination or harrassment.  In fact, in a lot of cases it's ILLEGAL for managers to know of something like this and not do anything about it.
    DSC_9275
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_chit-chat_worst-qualities-manager?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:14Discussion:a6b23134-85fa-4c4e-bbf7-1e523a146ee6Post:b5526c31-4e22-40d1-a94c-30ce31637068">Re: Worst Qualities in a manager?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Oh, considering I have had a few, I could go on and on with this one. I despise a manager who: -springs things on you at the last minute who swears they told you about them even though they never did (I guess this goes along with the communication thing_ -uses nepotism -is a two-faced b!tch -acts like they are still in high school, perpetuating gossip and rumors
    Posted by MissySue20[/QUOTE]

All of this. I had a manager who was like this, she even repremanded me once with the door open so everyone could hear. She was the biggest beyotch I've ever met in my life. When she told me she was leaving it was all I could do to keep a straight face and not beam with the pure joy I was feeling.
    Anniversary
  • Options
    Yeah, I just recently left my job due to all that. I took it higher, but nothing was done about it. It was just not a cool place to work.

That b!tch will never leave b/c she has everyone else wrapped around her finger. I am kicking myself now for not seeing right through her before I took the damn job. Oh well, live and learn I guess.
  • Options
    Micromanaging
    Borderline Personality Disorder
    Allows for negative workers to get away with too much, making more work for hard workers
    BFP #1 1/1/11 EDD 9/10/11 dx:no hb DNC on 2/2/11 BFP #2 12/28/11 natural m/c on 2/6/12 BFP#3 2/16/13 dx:ectopic on 2/27 (given methotrexate)
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    - inconsistent requests
    - refusing to priorities duties
    - unclear job requirements
    - unprofessional questions about personal life
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_chit-chat_worst-qualities-manager?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:14Discussion:a6b23134-85fa-4c4e-bbf7-1e523a146ee6Post:b86e6ad0-14c5-4cd1-abd0-171baf0d9625">Re: Worst Qualities in a manager?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Yeah, I just recently left my job due to all that. I took it higher, but nothing was done about it. It was just not a cool place to work. That b!tch will never leave b/c she has everyone else wrapped around her finger.<strong> I am kicking myself now for not seeing right through her before I took the damn job.</strong> Oh well, live and learn I guess.
    Posted by MissySue20[/QUOTE]
    Agreed. Now that I think back to the interview, the way she was acting and a lot of the questions she asked me made her out to be a high-maintenance b!tch. 
    Anniversary
  • Options
    Poor communication is the worst!!

-I had a manager once that told me he always had his ass covered before any of his empolyees did and he would never get in trouble.
    -he would stay clocked in after he left to meet his hours and when corporate would call in the morning he would lie about what time he left.
    -he used people and everything would be good until you figured out what kind of person you were then he'd figure out a way to make you leave!
    -A negative work enviornment is pretty bad too though.
    -My opinion--there aren't very many good managers out there lol
    Photobucket
  • Options
    Oh yea and like MissySue said:  GOSSIP
    Photobucket
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards