Chit Chat

Procrastination

I know everyone does procrastinate from time to time... my issue is a lot of the times I take care of small/un-important things before the things that really need to be taken care of. 
For example, I got in to a University near me and I have not yet registered for classes because I am focussing on silly wedding things,,,maybe not even that important of a wedding thing.. and I just don't understand why I cannot priortize better when I know it needs to be done.  It definitely bothers FI... he knows it is much more important than anything else right now.

I do make myself to-do lists frequently and I will star what is important but I won't usually do those things first.  It is embarrasing for me to say it even... it sounds so simple yet I just continue to put things off until the last minute.  Maybe I am slightly scared, because I met with an advisor and things were much more complicated with school than I thought they would be.  I mean, it definitely does not help that my wedding is in 6 weeks and I am trying to also get everything done for that.

Any advice/suggestions/comments would be appreciated!!!!  Thanks!

Re: Procrastination

• The only thing that ever worked for me was finding someone else to help keep me accountable, get a friend or FI to pester you to get something done. Also, set yourself up do well,  go to the library and don't bring any procrastination materials with you and use website blockers/timers so you see exactly how much time you are wasting. I use Stayfocused which is an extension for google chrome. I let FI set up the passwords so I can't just turn off the filters at a weak moment.  
    Visit The Nest!  Follow Me on Pinterest
  • That is great advice.  I really get distracted a lot of times when I am trying to focus on school work.  That is the bad thing about the internet... One minute I am typing a paper and then the next I am checking out my facebook!  I think it is ok to have a break once in a while, but I was giving myself too much break time. The computer is a huge distraction for me.  I will definitely work on it! 
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_chit-chat_procrastination?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:14Discussion:a6eb7f85-7a74-480a-830b-5efd8589c26dPost:b9a7b3a3-2f54-4745-ba3b-7a5acd23e16a">Re: Procrastination</a>:
    [QUOTE]I have the same problem. For me, my laptop is like crack. It's pretty much always sitting on the ottoman in front of my favorite chair, and I've developed a habit of sitting down to watch TV with Mr. Lucy and automatically opening my laptop and getting online while we're watching. He is getting really aggravated because he feels like the computer gets more attention than he does. It derails me from getting anything done.
    Posted by LucyHC[/QUOTE]

This is me! This can even be me at work sometimes! I have to tell myself that I'm going to do an hour straight of something (work, tv show with H, cook dinner) and not surf the web. Usually the hour flies by and I'm left thinking how wasteful it is to surf!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards