Chit Chat
Options

dress question... please help!!

I found the perfect dress but there is one small issue.. I think it makes my breasts look like they are on full display. I'm 5ft 2, 125 pounds and natural size 32 triple d. The dress I found has a sweetheart neckline and mermaid style. I tried on one size and it fit for the most part, only the small of my back area would need to be taken in. I'm considering getting a size up so that it can be altered to my body. While the other one fit my chest for the most part, I think if I get a bigger size it won't be as fitted.

Should I get the size I tried on or go bigger. Not sure what to do.

thanks for reading!

Re: dress question... please help!!

• Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_chit-chat_dress-question-please-help?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:14Discussion:a83121b6-ae6f-480f-b231-fcd5137e21ddPost:d8214b82-668e-441c-bae7-e391faec56e6">dress question... please help!!</a>:
    [QUOTE]I found the perfect dress but there is one small issue.. I think it makes my breasts look like they are on full display. I'm 5ft 2, 125 pounds and natural size 32 triple d. The dress I found has a sweetheart neckline and mermaid style. I tried on one size and it fit for the most part, only the small of my back area would need to be taken in. I'm considering getting a size up so that it can be altered to my body. While the other one fit my chest for the most part, I think if I get a bigger size it won't be as fitted. Should I get the size I tried on or go bigger. Not sure what to do. thanks for reading!
    Posted by mvaladez85[/QUOTE]

I agree with PP, you should try on the bigger size to see how it fits your chest.  I am not nearly a teeny tiny as you, but I did have to order up two sizes to accomodate my bust in both my A-Line and a Mermaid that I bought at a sample sale, and the rest of the dress had to be taken in.  My boobs still looked like they were on display, but it fit much better than the smaller size.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_chit-chat_dress-question-please-help?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:14Discussion:a83121b6-ae6f-480f-b231-fcd5137e21ddPost:d8214b82-668e-441c-bae7-e391faec56e6">dress question... please help!!</a>:
    [QUOTE]I found the perfect dress but there is one small issue.. I think it makes my breasts look like they are on full display. I'm 5ft 2, 125 pounds and natural size 32 triple d. The dress I found has a sweetheart neckline and mermaid style. I tried on one size and it fit for the most part, only the small of my back area would need to be taken in. I'm considering getting a size up so that it can be altered to my body. While the other one fit my chest for the most part, I think if I get a bigger size it won't be as fitted. Should I get the size I tried on or go bigger. Not sure what to do. thanks for reading!

Do you normally wear low cuts? I know the sweetheart line made me feel like i was popping out. I am 5'4 145 Lbs with 36F's. I am VERY conservative though  If you're used to showing some cleavage, you'll be ok after the dress is altered and customized for you. I wouldn't buy a larger one if it fit your chest, strapless gowns need to be really snug on busty women, my seamstress recommended adding a corset if I bought one with no sleeves.
  • Options
    edited October 2012
    I just called the store and was told that they don't carry it in a size up at any of the stores in az. I would either have to drive to CA to try it on or order it online for myself. Not sure what to do :-/
  • Options
    edited October 2012
    When I ordered my dress, I had them add an inch across the whole top of the dress (also a sweetheart). I bet your bridal store could add an inch (or two or three) across the top and give you more coverage, if that is what you're looking for.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_chit-chat_dress-question-please-help?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:14Discussion:a83121b6-ae6f-480f-b231-fcd5137e21ddPost:6372d66f-77e0-4d81-879c-b789e58397da">Re: dress question... please help!!</a>:
    [QUOTE]I just called the store and was told that they don't carry it in a size up at any of the stores in az. I would either have to drive to CA to try it on or order it online for myself. Not sure what to do :-/

You could go try on a similar cut in the same designer in the bigger size and see what the bust feels like.  It doesn't have to be the same dress, as long as you match the designer and dress style, you can get a good idea of what it will feel like.

Also, remember that most samples are very stretched out from being tried on so many times.  So, if the size you tried on was snug, the one you ordered will be even more snug.
  • Options
    wow thanks cmgilpin. I didn't think about that.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards