Chit Chat
Options

Considering CANCELLING my wedding.

2»

Re: Considering CANCELLING my wedding.

• Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_chit-chat_considering-cancelling-wedding?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:14Discussion:a9c47cfd-64c6-477c-9ff8-2fc7d50a8cdePost:19b071ef-8cb3-4f55-8009-1521d8cb785e">Re: Considering CANCELLING my wedding.</a>:
    [QUOTE]Last I checked, this wasnt "Snarky Brides"... The OP seems frustrated with a lot of little things that built up and came on here to vent, like we all sometimes need to do.  And if you think the OP listed every single thing that frustrated her in her post, you are most likely very wrong.  As for being upset re: sister shopping during your dress shopping time, and others going without you, the disappointment seems to be related to a lack of wanting to be involved with the OP in her wedding.  Sure, nobody's world should revolve around being involved in someone else's wedding, but theres a time and a place for planning your own and it's important to most brides that close family members share in the experience with them.  Usually, dress shopping is the only time many female family members get involved at all, as there are not many other good opportunities.  For the poster correcting grammar, try again---SEVERAL mistakes within your "correction"  Besides, isn't playing grammar police a little elementary?  Does it really give you that much satisfaction to retype someone else's words?  Furthermore, why the hell do you care so damn much? Re: Watching the news.  Yeah, the news is sad.  But let's face it, this is theknot.com, not CNN.  Everybody is always going to have a bigger, sadder problem than you do.  Doesn't mean you can't get frustrated sometimes and look to vent to people whom you believe could be facing a similar situation and could actually provide some constructive feedback.  Note: Telling OP she is a drama queen is not constructive feedback.  OP, don't cancel a wedding that's already bought and paid for.  But do reconsider involving family members in your plans, and try to expect less so that if family members do get involved, it will be a pleasant surprise.  I don't know why posters feel the need to be such nasty ******* to people they don't even know, never met, and really did nothing to harm them.  Posters in this thread, consider the implications on your life of your easily unleashed anger, childish sarcasm and your sheer intolerance of people who need to vent or ask for advice.  I guarantee your problem is much bigger than the OP's is.
    Posted by VivianM27[/QUOTE]

Personally, I find your post to be rather comparable to our 'snarky comments', if not worse. Seeing that you've posted on ChitChat very little, I highly recommend lurking more, as a pp has stated.

If you really thought what we said was snarky. . .you obviously haven't been on the snarky board. Advice is given was needed and asked for. Tips like fixing grammar issues are simply to make the post more read-able for others.

I'm assuming when you speak about 'the person that tired to fix the post'. Yeah, there probably are mistakes and I'll own up to it that I'm not perfect, but I was trying to make another posters 'Text posting' more readable. You can't see it, because she's deleted it. However, if you could, you'd see that it was much better.

So Kettle, please meet Pot because your long drawn out response, again was no different from what we've all already posted. It was simply worded differently and aimed towards other individuals. Congrats.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards