Chit Chat
Options

Pennsylvania wedding in October?

Would having it outside be a very bad idea?

Re: Pennsylvania wedding in October?

• Options
    It depends on what time of day, and what part of Pennsylvania.   I'm from VA, and a daytime wedding in early October could be amazing (75ish degrees, beautifully sunny), could be too hot (90ish degrees), or could be 40 degrees and raining.  

You can go online to check average highs and lows, and I think some of them will break it down by time of day.  I just checked Weather Underground and it looks like aveage temps are about 60 degrees, with highs up to about 70, and lows down to about 45.    

I think it's okay to go for it, but I would have a SOLID back-up plan for inclement weather.  You can rent a tent with heaters or move everything indoors.    I wouldn't have an outdoor wedding with temps lower than about 65 degrees or warmer than about 85.   
    DSC_9275
  • Options
    I probably wouldn't. I live in Maryland and I wouldn't have an outdoor ceremony here in October. I went to a wedding 2 years ago in VA in October and it was uncomfortable because it was too cold outside. I'd move my wedding to September or move it inside if I were you.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    I'm in Northern Maryland.  I'm having my wedding October 5th outside near the top of the Bay, water could make it cooler.  But I'm not too worried about it being cold. Think about last October, I remember wearing shorts a week before Halloween, though Halloween itself was fidget! Best thing to do is to go with a place that has a back up tent or something.  My venue has a tent and says they have heaters if needed. Good Luck!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I am from near the area you are talking about, so I'd say since it's usually cold when October hits, probably do the wedding inside. It really depends though. I know that my wedding it might be a little breezy too, because we want to do ours in March of next year, and it is still kinda chilly here in PA in March. so, just think of other back up plans, especially with it possibly being cold, or chilly.
    Bethany MacKenzie
  • Options

I wouldn't do it. 

If you do this you need to get a cute sweater that doesnt look bad with your dress because after the sun goes down you will be lucky if its 50 degrees out.

Do this google search "Pennsylvania average weather october"
    Hi:65 Low:43 for Lanc PA.

Also keep in mind that sunset will be at 6:30pm.  You may have to do some things earlier than you wuold in the summer.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards