New Hampshire
Options

Poll Thursday

I need some music inspiration...What song did you use for... Attendant Processional Bride Processional Recessional Bridal Party Entrance (Reception) Bride & Groom Entrance (Reception) First Dance Cake Cutting Garter/Bouquet Tosses Last Dance
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Poll Thursday

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Attendant Processional: Here Comes the Sun played on the guitar Bride Processional: Your Smiling Face, Vitamin String Quartet Recessional : Signed, Sealed, Delivered by Stevie Wonder Bridal Party Entrance (Reception) : Sing Sing Sing by Benny Goodman Bride & Groom Entrance (Reception) : Overture from Gyosy First Dance : You Are the Best Thing by Ray Lamontagne Cake Cutting : The Way I Am by Ingrid Michaelson Garter/Bouquet Tosses : Singla Lades/Macho Men/She's Got Legs Last Dance : Everlasting Love by Natalie Cole
  • Options
    PokesPokes member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Attendant Processional: Water MusicBride Processional: Bridal March (that was dad's choice!)Recessional: Like the Sun by RyanDanBridal Party Entrance (Reception): Beautiful Day by U2Bride & Groom Entrance (Reception): I'm Shipping up to Boston by Dropkick Murphy's First Dance: Love Song By 311 (Cure Cover)Cake Cutting: Hit Me with Your Best Shot by Pat Benitar Garter Toss: Sex and Candy by Marcy PlaygroundBouquet Tosses: Bodies by Drowning Pool (girly huh?)Last Dance: Grow Old w/ You by Adam Sandler and She  Has a Way by Billy Joel
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Attendant Processional - Ummm something traditional NOT Cannon in DBride Processional - the standard (I know no names of classical songs) Recessional - the one with the trumpets Bridal Party Entrance (Reception) - shipping up to BostonBride & Groom Entrance (Reception) - U2 StreetsFirst Dance - Into the MysticCake Cutting - That's AmoreGarter/Bouquet Tosses - didn't doLast Dance- can't remember - I wanted "Bid you good night" then DH let me know it was a song about Jesus, it was something, but people were far too trashed by that point to even stand near the dance floor.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Attendant Processional : Canon in D (getting married in a Catholic Church so it has to be religious)Bride Processional : Colorblind by Counting CrowsRecessional : Wedding March, I think?Bridal Party Entrance (Reception) : Sleepyhead (Passion Pit) for parent...Bring Em Out (TI) for WPBride & Groom Entrance (Reception) : Bring Em Out (TI)First Dance : This Years Love, David GrayCake Cutting Daylight, Matt and KimGarter/Bouquet Tosses: Paper Planes (garter) Electric Feel (bouquet)...and Little Secrets for putting ON the garterLast Dance : Thank You by Dido
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Attendant Processional : ?Bride Processional : ? Canon in DRecessional : ?Bridal Party Entrance (Reception) : ACDC "Thunderstruck"Bride & Groom Entrance (Reception) : Dropkick Murphys "Shipping up to Boston"First Dance : I want to change it to Elvis "Can't Help Falling in Love with You"Cake Cutting : Def Leppard "Pour some sugar on me"Garter/Bouquet Tosses : ZZ Top "Legs" & Blondie "One Way or Another"Last Dance : Journey "Don't Stop Believin"
    10.10.10 Bride! Our Bio Updated 9/26
    image 129 Are ready to party! image 29 Party Poopers!
  • Options
    matchbox920matchbox920 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Attendant Processional : Canon In DBride Processional : Haven't decided yet. I'm pretty sure I want to do something different than the traditional 'Here Comes the Bride'Recessional : Lover's Concerto (Chris Sexton version- check. it. out.)Bridal Party Entrance (Reception) : Price is Right theme music!Bride & Groom Entrance (Reception) : Can't Turn You Loose (Blues Brothers)First Dance : I Want To Slow Dance With You by Nothin' FancyCake Cutting : You Said You Would by the Half Moon Jug BandGarter/Bouquet Tosses : n/aLast Dance: Walk Through This World With Me by Nothin' FancyGOOD LUCK! This is one of the more fun things to plan! :)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Liv- First and foremost I LOVE “The Way I Am” and am also using it for our cake cutting!  Jedd wouldn’t let me use it for our first dance!  Hahaha….I love the “buy you Rogaine when you start losing all your hair…” line… I am awful.  And I also am using Everlasting Love  as our last song J  Good taste in music, chica! Attendant Processional: ?Bride Processional: ?Recessional : ?Bridal Party Entrance (Reception) : Still up for debate! Possibly Queen-Crazy little thing called loveBride & Groom Entrance (Reception) : Sign, Sealed, Delivered by Stevie Wonder First Dance:  Everything- Michael BubleCake Cutting: The Way I Am by Ingrid Michaelson Garter Toss: N/ABouquet Tosses : Single LadiesLast Dance : Everlasting Love by Natalie Cole
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Cait this is crazy!! So many similar music choices! Ingrid was a perfect choice for the cake cutting...except that I don't think I've mentioned this to you guys, but he announced the cake cutting...and I was in the bathroom. !!!!!!!! hilarious. also, we had everlasting love picked for so long and no one knew about it. then when our WP busted out with a huge medley, what was the last song sung by two of our best friends with the most amazing voices? everlasting love!!! so fun! and they were just going crazy riffing and it made even more fun when it came on at the end.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    also, DH made a cut version of signed sealed delivered that cuts out the first verse which is sort of about infidelity etc...it still has the big intro but it cuts to a nicer verse....if you want this or even just to hear it, i can have rich email you the file.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Liv-  We were filing through our Ipod a few weeks back in the car and I came across Ever Lasting Love.  We were trying to think of a not to slow-up beat song and it was perfect!  That is great that your friends knew you that well to do a little melody and even had that song in it!  Also, the cake cutting was perfect for Ingrid as I was determined to play it somewhere.  We are having a band and they take 1 20 minute break during dancing and those 20 minutes filled up with other must-plays so cake was were Ingrid fit.  I can't believe you were in the bathroom...that's too funny. What's your email address? That would be great if we could get Rich's cut version!  Thanks so much!  Especially 'cause we are using it just for walking in, its not a big tent, I don't think we need the full song.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    oh yeah, the cut will probably be perfect, i think it's 1:38. olivia dot petzy at gmail.com
  • Options
    kristen0393kristen0393 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Wow we have a bunch of Dropkick fans! Thats cool ;-) We're using: Attendant Processional probably Rainbow Connection Bride Processional Canon in D only because with live acoustic guitars & violin I think it will be beautiful! (Thank God for talented family that plays for free) Bridal Party Entrance (Reception) Damn it feels good to be a Gangsta Bride & Groom Entrance (Reception) Dropkick Dirty Glass (thought it would be funny) First Dance 3 Doors Down Your Arms Feel Like Home ...and not sure about the rest. I love hearing all of your ideas!
    PhotobucketLilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options
    AmyLou09AmyLou09 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Attendents: Cat Powers Sea of Love Bride: Chantal Kreviazuk- Feels Like Home Recessional- Adam Sandler Wanna grow old with you BP Entrance- we had "Old Time Rock and Roll" for the parents and then each BP couple had a different song which the DJ royally effed up. B&G Entrance- was supposed to be Weezer- My Best Friend but we walked out to silence because of the stupid DJ. First Dance- Rise Against- Swing Life Away Cake Cutting- The Archies- Sugar Sugar Garter/Bouquet- taking off garter- Flo Rida- Right round, Tossing Bouquet- Beyonce Single Ladies, Tossing Garter- Bloodhound Gang You're pretty when I'm drunk", putting garter on- Christina Aguilera, Candyman Last Dance- James Taylor- How sweet is it (to be loved by you)

Pregnancy Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards