Chit Chat
Options

Wedding attire!!! Need Help Please

Hey everyone!  I have a wedding to go to this Friday. It's my fiances  cousin's wedding. I have a dress that I want to wear but not sure if anyone will be affended by it. It's a White/Black summer dress. I'm going to wear a black sweater and black heels with it. I'll put the links in the post so you all can see what it looks like. I just want to make sure that this will be okay. I'm not trying to take any attention away from the bride and most deffinatly don't want people to be talking about my dress selection. I wore this dress for my bridal shower and everyone loved it. I asked everyone at my work and they said they thought it would be okay.So who better to ask then future and former brides! Thanks girls!

www.wetseal.com/catalog/product.jsp?categoryId=104&subCategoryId=189&productId=35674">http://www.wetseal.com/catalog/product.jsp?categoryId=104&subCategoryId=189&productId=35674

www.wetseal.com/catalog/product.jsp?categoryId=101&productId=34158&color=BLACK">http://www.wetseal.com/catalog/product.jsp?categoryId=101&productId=34158&color=BLACK

Re: Wedding attire!!! Need Help Please

• Options
    I love it, I wouldn't be offended. :)
    I say, go for it!

• Options
    I would say no, not because I would be upset about it, but because there are probably some people who would be, since there's a lot of white at the top.  I don't know whether the bride is one of those people, but there's a good chance somebody at the wedding is, and you said you don't want anybody talking about your dress.
    Married 10/2/10
  • Options
    I love it, very cute !
  • Options
    I think it would be fine to wear..especially with the black sweater.
  • Options
    Yeah, I wouldn't blink an eye at it. In a disapproving way at least, I do think it's cute :D
  • Options
    Thanks everyone! This makes me feel better!
  • Options
    I think it's just fine. For me, it's only a problem if it can be confused for a wedding dress. With the black sweater over it especially, I think you're golden.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I think it's fine and I really like the dress. With all the black at the bottom you shouldn't have to worry about people being all "Is she really wearing white?!" Plus a black sweater will look great with it.

People aren't going to confuse you for the bride, so I say you're all good.
  • Options
    SarahMicheSarahMiche member
    First Comment
    edited June 2010
    Clothes should enhance and not inhibit. Your clothes should make you look and feel good, and your personal style should not be compromised by your size.Not only clothes but ll your accessories will enhance you on you big day.So chose them wisely as its your day and you have to lookm perfect and unique.
      plus size dresses
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_chit-chat_wedding-attire-need-please?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:14Discussion:ab0e32f2-2193-4880-a745-bf7b272a02a5Post:541d1085-f64d-4d27-9fe5-10c30458843c">Re: Wedding attire!!! Need Help Please</a>:
    [QUOTE]Clothes should enhance and not inhibit. Your clothes should make you look and feel good, and your personal style should not be compromised by your size.Not only clothes but ll your accessories will enhance you on you big day.So chose them wisely as its your day and you have to lookm perfect and unique.   plus size dresses
    Posted by SarahMiche[/QUOTE]
    I think someone missed the boat on this one.

I bet that dress and  sweater look great together!  Go for it.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Do what now?

OP, wear it.  It's very cute.  The black on it makes it ok. 
  • Options
    I don't know why it would be a big deal. So it's white, big deal! Is no one allowed to wear white at a wedding, is there some law or something? If someone confuses you for the bride, they probably should even be there.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards