Chit Chat

Orange and black wedding?

Hey all!
I'm Kriss (Kristina- I'm a girl :), and I have a question.
My fiance and I have decided on our theme (Barbecue party theme reception/wedding), but I'm at loss. He's doing really good and going to be real snazzy wearing orange and black and tying it into a traditional tux. But how do I add orange to a traditional single-shoulder dress? I already decided I'd have a satin belt in orange, but how do I incorporate those two colors without looking gothic? The idea isn't to be gothic, it's just his favorite color is black and mine's orange.
The wedding is in Summer, it's in June, and the reception is going to be casual, the ceremony inside a Kingdom Hall (We're Jehovah's Witnesses).
Thanks for the help!
?Kriss

Re: Orange and black wedding?

• Why do you need to be wearing black as well?

I guess you could be easy and use black shoes if you really feel the need to wear black somewhere.

• Our colors were ivory, green, and yellow, but I wore 100% white/ivory. Shoes, hair, flowers, jewelry.
    You can tie in a bouquet wrap, or nothing at all. You're the bride, no one will think it's strange if you don't 'match' the colors.
  • Thanks for all the answers. I just wanted to match, though, it's kind of what I had planned on. I'll definitely think about the answers though :)
    ?Kriss
  • I think orange flowers with a black satin ribon wrapped around the stems of the bouquet would be a really nice way to incorporate the colors. You could also have a hair piece that involves the colors.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited November 2012
    My friend had an orange and black wedding, in August.The men wore traditional black tuxes, with orange  ties - gerbera daisy bouts. The women wore black, tea length dresses, black dress sandals, and had orange flowers in their bouquets. The centerpieces were groups of bud vases with orange and yellow gerbera daisies, same flowers on the cake. The orange brightened up the black and looked festive.

• Does your gown have a lace up back? I took the white ribbon out and added a pink one.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Sounds like Halloween or Giants fans to me :\ 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker whatshouldwecallweddings.tumblr.com
  • I'd strongly recommend adding an accent color (like the yellow in the gerbera daisies mentioned in PP) to keep it from feeling too Halloweeny.  And/or play with various shades of orange, from apricot to a deep rich shade).  I agree with PP that you don't need to have the black on you for the look to flow nicely, although I like Hoboken's idea of replacing the ribbon in a corset back.  Alternately, you might be able to do a belt of orange satin overlaid with black lace. 
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_chit-chat_orange-and-black-wedding?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:14Discussion:ac54d893-c6bb-4c12-a730-6fa206f798b8Post:4c4d31fc-72bf-4589-96e4-0077238e485e">Re: Orange and black wedding?</a>:
    [QUOTE]I'd strongly recommend adding an accent color (like the yellow in the gerbera daisies mentioned in PP) to keep it from feeling too Halloweeny.  And/or play with various shades of orange, from apricot to a deep rich shade).  I agree with PP that you don't need to have the black on you for the look to flow nicely, although I like Hoboken's idea of replacing the ribbon in a corset back.  Alternately, you might be able to do a belt of orange satin overlaid with black lace. 
    Posted by reppunzel[/QUOTE]

I was planning on a lighter orange, like perhaps a peachier orange, and then the black. That way it's not holloween or sports-like. :) I appreciate your ideas!
    ?Kriss
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards