Chit Chat
Options

so Torn

I know this is petty, but I cant decide on an up or down do for my big day. I love my hair and how long and thick it is, so I didnt want to just pin it up, but it might get nasty if I leave it down?? I dont know please help.Yell

Re: so Torn

• Options
    Personally I find brides that keep their hair down very disctracting - especiialy if they have a veil and jewllery. There's just too much to look at IMO. I'm wearing my hair up because I don't want to have to worry about it and I especially don't want it in my face when I'm dancing.
    Anniversary
  • Options
    I wore mine up because it was hot.

You should wear your hair however you are comfortable and however you think it looks prettiest.  But, don't discount how hot it can get if you're wearing a giant gown with crinnoline and such if you're going to be dancing.  
  • Options
    I'm wearing mine down.  While alot of the hair up styles are cute, I have an enlarged growth on my one ear that is very obvious.  While I am seeing a doctor and working to get it removed, it will not be completely gone before the wedding.
    PersonalMilestone Daisypath Anniversary tickers image
  • Options
    Half up half down?
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_chit-chat_so-torn?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:14Discussion:ae541ccd-1116-45a4-9a9e-48129d44d43cPost:6646b7a5-900b-4373-a10e-79d1f7c7daad">Re: so Torn</a>:
    [QUOTE]I wore mine up because it was hot.
    Posted by MyNameIsNot[/QUOTE]
    This is exactly why I'm doing up.
  • Options
    I am also doing up becaue it will be HOT. Otherwise I would want it down. I'm actually kind of sad I have to wear it up, but it is going to be an outdoor ceremony on a lake that has a tendency to be very windy. It just wasn't in the cards.
  • Options
    I wore it up because it would be hot and gross if it was down

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    edited March 2012
    I wore mine down, because I don't like how I look with it up.
    Anniversary
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_chit-chat_so-torn?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:14Discussion:ae541ccd-1116-45a4-9a9e-48129d44d43cPost:3d2cc56c-1f7d-497e-af4a-ec486ad4d91d">Re: so Torn</a>:
    [QUOTE]Half up half down?
    Posted by RailWayWife[/QUOTE]

I like this idea!

I'm wearing it down because my FH LOVES it when my hair is down.
  • Options
    I'm wearing mine half up half down, thats what my FI asked for, along with strapless dress and the invites he chose lol
  • Options
    I love my hair and wore it in curls down my back, but we used bobby pins to keep it out of my face. I had a very simple veil with only two embellishments on the tips and I wore a headband for the reception (I LOVE headbands!!). The only annoying thing was my veil during the ceremony.

Here you can see the pins:

September 2013 Moms Siggy Challenge: The Thing I Miss Most Since Being Pregnant
    Replacing the water cooler! And other heavy lifting
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Lilypie Maternity tickers
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Batman was supposed to be a symbol of hope and bring justice. Not spark violence.
  • Options
    It would all depend on your plans for the day.  If it is outside, I would go for up.  That way if it is windy, your hair isn't all over your face for your photos.  If inside, you could go either way.  

I'm wearing mine half up and half down, because while my wedding will be outside, I don't see that my hair can really go too many places with a veil and it pinned.  
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards