Chit Chat
Options

Brides with Tattoos...

Re: Brides with Tattoos...

• Options
    I have a tattoo of a face on my face.
  • Options
    I don't have a tattoo, and think that it looks massively trashy when there are those tattoos on the shoulder blades or what have you with the strapless dresses.  Im sorry, I know that won't win me a lot of favor here, but seriously.  I really do think it looks trashy.  I'm 25, so I'm not old fashioned.  I have tons of friends who have tattoos, and if you want to have a tattoo thats your own business.  But, I don't think a drawing on your body makes you who you are, I think its who you are that does that.  ive never really understood why people have to do that.  But thats just me.  If you want to let it show during your wedding, its your choice, its your wedding.  But just know there'll probably be people there like me who think it looks terrible.  If you're comfortable with that, then go for the glory!
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_chit-chat_brides-tattoos?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:14Discussion:b1c1ce99-c742-41ef-a40c-2245e17abc10Post:560458c3-ab2c-46fd-b885-7e2dcdf6fa7e">Re: Brides with Tattoos...</a>:
    [QUOTE]I don't have a tattoo, and think that it looks massively trashy when there are those tattoos on the shoulder blades or what have you with the strapless dresses.  Im sorry, I know that won't win me a lot of favor here, but seriously.  I really do think it looks trashy.  I'm 25, so I'm not old fashioned.  I have tons of friends who have tattoos, and if you want to have a tattoo thats your own business.  But, I don't think a drawing on your body makes you who you are, I think its who you are that does that.  ive never really understood why people have to do that.  But thats just me.  If you want to let it show during your wedding, its your choice, its your wedding.  But just know there'll probably be people there like me who think it looks terrible.  If you're comfortable with that, then go for the glory!
    Posted by Applesbee43[/QUOTE]

You make my brain bleed and my soul cry.
  • Options
    You don't know anything about me other than my opinion on tattoos.  You want people not to judge others for having tattoos, but you judge me because I'm not a fan of them?  How "open minded" of you!
  • Options
    Listen, Judgey Judgenstein. I am very open minded. I even have a tattoo of an open mind on my back. It's a little gory, but it's really hot.
  • Options
    Im not judgy!  Im just being honest.  I dont care if people have tattoos.  I dont care if they get them.  My fiance has 5!  Im not trying to say everyone should be exactly the same.  Im just saying, if I have to stare at a naked back as they're getting married, I think the tattoos look terrible.  If its important to you, do what you do.   I dont really care.  Just putting in my .02. 
  • Options

Well, Judge Reinhold, does your FI know you think he's trashy?

• Options
    I don't think he's trashy.  Now, if he were wearing a thousand (or several thousand) dollar gorgeous strapless dress that showed his tattoos, then I would absolutely let him know that I thought it looked trashy. 
  • Options
    What does the type or cost of clothes you are wearing have to do with whether or not you look trashy? That makes no sense to me. So, if you have tattoos and are getting married, you shouldn't wear a nice wedding dress?
  • Options
    Your argument is really that the type of clothes you wear has nothing to do with whether you look trashy?  Really?  Wow.  I'll just leave that one alone, and stick to the point that It has to do with appropriateness.

If someone wears sweatpants to a wedding at the ritz, that is trashy.

The combination of a visible tattoo and a wedding dress...it just looks trashy to me.  I don't think that is necessarily appropriate for the occasion. My FI has tattoos but generally wears long sleeves around my parents to cover them up.  He is not ashamed of them, but he does so because he feels its appropriate for the occasion, so he does it out of respect for my parents. 

I think my message is that if I had a tattoo Id cover it up, not that people shouldn't wear a pretty dress. 
  • Options
    You're being ridiculous. I'm done.
  • Options
    Ahh yes.  Logic is ridiculous.  Good to know!
  • Options
    Your version of it? yes.
  • Options
    Dare I ask how?  Or will it make your soul cry again?  We wouldn't want that. 
  • Options
    You're right. You wouldn't want that. My soul smells bad when it cries.
  • Options
    I have two tattoo's, one on my wrist, and one behind my right ear. I will not be covering either of them. No one in my family really likes tattoo's, and as far as I know, only my Aunt has ever gotten one (she has since had it removed). I love both my tattoo's and would never dream of getting them removed / covering them for my Big Day. I got both of them with my FH, and they both have immense meaning.

Don't worry about what your family thinks. If you got them for a reason, then who cares what anyone thinks?
    I once dreamt I would marry a Cupcake... And now it's coming true.. :)
  • Options
    I have 6 tattoos and some will be covered by my dress and some will not. I don't plan on trying to cover the others. They are part of me and represent who I am. My sister/Maid of Honor and Bridesmaid both have tattoos and I do not plan on asking them to cover theirs unless they chose to do so.
  • Options
    I have two tatoos, and they are both very meaningful to me. One I got with my sister, near my bikini line, that will be covered anyway. She has the same design on her wrist and I will request that she does NOT cover it up.

The other I got with my fiance before we started dating after we ran a marathon together. It is a tiny '26.2' in the arch of my left foot - and while most shoes would cover this, I hope to spend most of my wedding barefoot.

Even if they were both very visible, I wouldnt cover them up as I got them with my two favorite people - and the two who will be beside me as Im getting married.
  • Options

I have two and they are both on my shoulders and will show. I do not plan on covering them up b/c they are the names of our children. (yes my FI and i did this backwards and already have two children together!) I think they are beautiful and designed them myself so i'm very proud of them. i don't think anyone will really care.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_chit-chat_brides-tattoos?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:14Discussion:b1c1ce99-c742-41ef-a40c-2245e17abc10Post:ab19eb43-2b58-41f5-9f54-790cbda7d9bf">Re: Brides with Tattoos...</a>:
    [QUOTE]I have two and they are both on my shoulders and will show. I do not plan on covering them up b/c they are the names of our children. (yes my FI and i did this backwards and already have two children together!) I think they are beautiful and designed them myself so i'm very proud of them. i don't think anyone will really care.
    Posted by asjs8482[/QUOTE]

Applesbee will.
  • Options
    cew515
     It will probably be okay since my dress was only $150! lol!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Good thing my dress was neither a thousand dollars nor strapless, then.

I actually got a henna tattoo on my wrist specifically for the wedding.  Wedding henna is a tradition in a few different cultures that goes back thousands of years, but I guess because Applebee thinks that tattoos at weddings are trashy, they're all going to have to put a stop to that.
    This is a neglected planning bio.
    This is a belated married bio, with no reviews yet because I'm lazy.

Sometimes I feel like people think that brides are delicate little flower princesses who get all dressed up and pretty for one special moment of their dreams, when really they're just normal people who just happen to be getting married. Things shouldn't have to be sugar-coated for grown-ass women. -mstar284
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_chit-chat_brides-tattoos?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:14Discussion:b1c1ce99-c742-41ef-a40c-2245e17abc10Post:aa92faa1-872f-47a2-9de9-1d73f8d73a9a">Re: Brides with Tattoos...</a>:
    [QUOTE]@ cew515  It will probably be okay since my dress was only $150! lol!
    Posted by asjs8482[/QUOTE]

Good deal. I think you should be okay then. ;)
  • Options
    I think that if the tattoo is meaningful and tasteful then you should not cover it up. That is a piece of you now and wear it with pride. It is your wedding day so be the princess you want to be. Good luck with your trial run.
    Shine let them wonder what you've got let them wish that they were not on the outside looking in.
  • Options
    How are you having them covered? I have one on my upper arm and I think I want to cover it just don't know how. I think the same thing about looking back at photos.
    Thanks!

• Options
    i don't like visible tattoos on brides. not a popular opinion, i know.
  • Options
    @ cew515 You rock! Would you mind if I got a tattoo of your face on my face? :D
    Think of all the things I need, Of all the thoughts you seem to cross my mind the most, One thing I could never replace Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_chit-chat_brides-tattoos?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:14Discussion:b1c1ce99-c742-41ef-a40c-2245e17abc10Post:622cbfeb-df3b-42c8-8a33-e4111ca1968b">Re: Brides with Tattoos...</a>:
    [QUOTE]@ cew515 You rock! Would you mind if I got a tattoo of your face on my face? :D
    Posted by sandyminnie[/QUOTE]

Sure. I would be honored.
  • Options
    My family is absolutely against tattoos, but I have several. Between my shoulders is a large flower that is the symbol for the disease that took my father and I fully plan on showing it off. I am very proud of it.
    nicole & brian
  • Options

oh good. this thread is still going.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards