Chit Chat
Options

F/U I'm Super A listed

Last week I wrote about getting an invite to my friends PPD day in Jamaica and AHR in October. We guess what. I got a bridal shower invite today!  1) She's already married 2) It asks for cash or a donation to their HM registry. It says no boxed gifts. I'm seriously starting to think I'm being punked because I don't want to believe anyone is this rude.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Re: F/U I'm Super A listed

• Options
    Just wow. 
    What did you think would happen if you walked up to a group of internet strangers and told them to get shoehorned by their lady doc?~StageManager14
  • Options
    Send her an envelope of Monopoly money.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_chit-chat_fu-im-super-a-listed?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:14Discussion:b7af69b1-574f-4c69-91c3-9e2088f9bfc2Post:d5acfe76-f059-486f-a5d9-4ac4e2fba4af">Re: F/U I'm Super A listed</a>:
    [QUOTE]Is she normal IRL?
    Posted by Liatris2010[/QUOTE]

She's always been a wonderful person.  I have to say this is the first time in our 10 year friendship that we're one totally different sides of the spectrum.  She recently moved across the country and I haven't seen her since last year. I'm wondering if she lost her damn mind or if she's one of those that thinks she deserves a wedding and is willing to look like an ass to get one.

• Options
    I would find something incredibly huge and ugly that is not returnable and wrap it in an even larger box with a massive bow just to really push the point home.

• Options
    Jessa617 Jessa617 member
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    edited February 2013
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_chit-chat_fu-im-super-a-listed?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:14Discussion:b7af69b1-574f-4c69-91c3-9e2088f9bfc2Post:2d22eb25-608d-4662-a0c6-20e06b9da291">Re: F/U I'm Super A listed</a>:
    [QUOTE]I would find something incredibly huge and ugly that is not returnable and wrap it in an even larger box with a massive bow just to really push the point home.
    Posted by Maggie0829[/QUOTE]

This!

She's already married, is having an upcoming shower and then a reception after her PPD. Were you planning on sending her a gift before you got the bridal shower invite? I'd say just stick to whatever you were planning on doing before you got the bridal shower invite. What does etiquette say on including a small note with your gift telling her that what she is doing is so wrong and rude?

Wait a minute....did you say honeymoon registry?? They are already going to be in Jamaica!
    Anniversary
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_chit-chat_fu-im-super-a-listed?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:14Discussion:b7af69b1-574f-4c69-91c3-9e2088f9bfc2Post:a7d069cd-fd8b-4fd0-9d44-2c0663f1fe55">Re: F/U I'm Super A listed</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: F/U I'm Super A listed : This! She's already married, is having an upcoming shower and then a reception after her PPD. Were you planning on sending her a gift before you got the bridal shower invite? I'd say just stick to whatever you were planning on doing before you got the bridal shower invite. What does etiquette say on including a small note with your gift telling her that what she is doing is so wrong and rude?<strong> Wait a minute....did you say honeymoon registry?? They are already going to be in Jamaica!</strong>
    Posted by Jessalyn2013[/QUOTE]

It asks for excursions and donations for travel, hotel rooms, flowers, etc for the "wedding".  I was going to go to the AHR because it's in the next town over and this isn't worth ending a friendship over but I'm floored.

• Options
    Maybe she has some people around her giving her TERRIBLE advice.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_chit-chat_fu-im-super-a-listed?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:14Discussion:b7af69b1-574f-4c69-91c3-9e2088f9bfc2Post:dc1c6b24-c67f-417b-bdf0-0c7fee95b9f6">Re:F/U I'm Super A listed</a>:
    [QUOTE]Send her an envelope of Monopoly money.
    Posted by misshart00[/QUOTE]

Hahaha! Please do this!
  • Options
    decline, decline, decline
  • Options
    Actually it's the same day as Wrestlemania in Metlife stadium so I can't go anyway.  Just still in shock.

• Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_chit-chat_fu-im-super-a-listed?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:14Discussion:b7af69b1-574f-4c69-91c3-9e2088f9bfc2Post:02fb7015-362d-4231-bddb-3188c78b8db5">Re: F/U I'm Super A listed</a>:
    [QUOTE]Actually it's the same day as Wrestlemania in Metlife stadium so I can't go anyway.  Just still in shock.
    Posted by HobokenBride2012[/QUOTE]

I think that's an awesome reason not to go!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_chit-chat_fu-im-super-a-listed?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:14Discussion:b7af69b1-574f-4c69-91c3-9e2088f9bfc2Post:02fb7015-362d-4231-bddb-3188c78b8db5">Re: F/U I'm Super A listed</a>:
    [QUOTE]Actually it's the same day as Wrestlemania in Metlife stadium so I can't go anyway.  Just still in shock.
    Posted by HobokenBride2012[/QUOTE]
    LMAO that's a priceless reason!  But when you tell her you've got to really play it up like you're heartbroken you won't have an opportunity to go while doing a strong eye roll.  Like one of those "Wow, dang it, are you serious that that's the date? I really wish I could cancel what I've got going on but it's just not possible.  But I know you'll have the best marriage shower oops I mean bridal shower, ever. smooches!"
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards