Chit Chat
Options

Moving wedding date up?

Our wedding is set for November 3rd, 2012. However, he is a highschool teacher and he just got an amazing teaching opportunity for next year. The job is out of town, so he's going to be moving in July. His family is Catholic and completely against living together before marriage - so we promised to respect that. NOW we are thinking about moving our wedding date up to August. I just finished talking to the wedding coordinator at my venue and he said they have open availability for August. What would you do?

Re: Moving wedding date up?

• Options
    If you can do it without much hassle why not? As long as your dress is ordered already or within the next few weeks as most dresses are looking at like June delivery now with no rush then no reason to wait unless you are attached to a Nov date.
    Nichole Tampa, FL BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    I ordered my dress last weekend :) I would LOVE to marry him sooner! I guess I'm just stressed because it's 3 months closer.. August seems like it's right around the corner. lol I already have my DJ, Photographer and makeup & hair stylists all booked for November.. so I'll have to speak with all of them about switching our date too.
  • Options
    I just think switching date is too troublesome.
    But it seems you must respect your family.
  • Options
    Your the only person who knows the true answer! If "you'd love to do it sooner" then do it sooner! Your a loving person to work so well with it congrats to his new teaching opportunity!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I agree, if you can do it without much hassle, go for it! It sounds like you definitely don't have a problem marrying your FI sooner, plus, it's more practical.
  • Options
    I'm planning my wedding in 7 months AND I'm a CPA and working heavy tax season through most of that!
    I wouldn't stress about the short amount of time as much as I would make sure the vendor situation won't set you back too much deposit money. But as for planning in a short amount of time.... I think you will be FINE.
  • Options
    If you can pull it off without much hassle change the date.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    Thanks for the advice everyone! I am going to call all of my vendors today and see what they say.
  • Options
    As long as you can get all your other vendors (photographer, DJ, florist, etc) to agree to the new date then go for it.
    Anniversary
  • Options
    Go for it!  I planned my wedding in 4 months and it worked out great.
    imageAnniversary
  • Options
    Just talked to our venue, photographer, DJ, and church.. all of them said we can switch to August 18th, 2012 without any extra charge!! They will just transfer our deposits to that day :):)
  • Options
    Seems like it worked out perfectly! and it sounds like toy already had most of your vendors booked, can they also accommodate that day? If you then it shouldn't be too bad of a switch! Good luck!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Yes everyone was able to accommodate that day for us :) we just switched!!! AHHHHH
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_chit-chat_moving-wedding-date-up?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:14Discussion:b81a56b3-bff4-499b-8753-44a2c734cc93Post:2c206dc4-b9fa-4b91-b0dc-735d122b03be">Re: Moving wedding date up?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Yes everyone was able to accommodate that day for us :) we just switched!!! AHHHHH
    Posted by COlson0812[/QUOTE]

That's so exciting! I wish we could be married sooner. haha
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    SO glad that everything was able to work out so smoothly for you!! That's very exciting!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards