Chit Chat
Options

giving away the bride

My father passed away a long time ago, and my mom and I have a very rocky relationship. I'm also very close to my finace's parents. We talked about ideas for giving me away, and decided that we'd like the community of all of our guests to give us both away to each other. Has anyone else done something similar? Does anyone have any ideas how I can word something like that for our ceremony? 

Re: giving away the bride

• Options
    I'm not really sure what you mean by having your guests give you away? 

You can always walk yourself?
  • Options
    in that situation, i think i would walk myself. 
  • Options
    I'm guessing what you're thinking of is you walk by yourself, but when they say "Who gives this bride away" all your guests say "we do"?  It sounds very cute. The best way I can think of doing it would be to make sure it's in the program, and maybe before the procession start have it explained to the guests by someone, maybe the best man?

It sounds like a good idea in this situation. I like it.
    My blog
    "I will greatly rejoice in the LORD, My soul shall be joyful in my God; For He has clothed me with the garments of salvation, He has covered me with the robe of righteousness, As a bridegroom decks himself with ornaments, And as a bride adorns herself with her jewels." -Isaiah 61:10 NKJV
  • Options
    I agree that it would make the most since to walk yourself down the aisle. If you are planning on having something like Ryans suggested I would also agree that you need to put something in the program so that they know that they are supposed to respond.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Thanks everyone. I do plan to walk down the aisle alone. Here is the wording my fiance and I decided on: Doubly blessed is the couple which comes to the marriage altar with the approval and blessings of their families and friends. As we gather here to join Christopher and Leslie in marriage, it is fitting that you, their families and friends, be here to witness and to participate in their wedding, for the ideals, the understanding, and the mutual respect which they bring to their marriage have their roots in the love, friendship, support and guidance you have given them. This couple will continue to need your love and support in the future, not only on this special day. Do you now offer your support and best wishes for this couple, wishing them the best of lives together? If so, please answer "We do.”
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards