Chit Chat
Options

yay!

I don't want to be "that girl," but I am going to be for the next paragraph or so. If any of you remember, my sis planned her wedding for roughly 2.5 months before mine. After attempting extreme optimisim and a whole slew of unpleasant events, the unicorny-ness of planning two weddings at the same time really wore off. Well I am happy to report that sis was happily married Saturday night, it was a beautiful ceremony, decent reception and they are currently in the Bahamas. Regardless of the animosity between sis and I currently, I played my maid of honor roll to a T and we seemed to suck it up and geniuinley be happy with/for eachother the whole day.

More exciting however, is that I woke up this morning and realized that their is no more opportunities for my sis to use my ideas for her wedding, my mom can no longer give me the line of "let's just get through sis' wedding first" whenever I try to put a check on my own list and lastly, even though the date has never changed I went to bed Friday night feeling like my wedding was lightyears away and woke up this monring feeling like its not too far off!

I get it, I get it. This probably sounds petty and bitchy and immature and annoying but so be it, my sister's crazy and these past 6 months have been far from easy so I am going to allow myself one day to rejoice in the fact that I now get to be the only bride in my immediate family and that I don't have to hide my wedding supplies, ideas and plans and that I can openly talk about my wedding without my mom changing conversation to my sisters! So yay for me.

Oh and because I am sper pumped about one other thing... I booked the ceremony musician today.... it's a glass harper player! For those not familiar, youtube glass harp canon in d. Freaking awesome.

EDITED, because my punctuation and spelling apparently suck tonight.
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: yay!

• Options
    Good for you. Now get back to planning YOUR wedding, and stop getting hung up on what her wedding is/was like. It will be special because it will be YOUR day. Please, get over it. And rejoicing over this really does make you sound petty, bitchy, and immature. Do yourself and the people around you a HUGE favour and never bring this up again.
  • Options
    LittleMiss it seems like you're pretty childish yourself from the looks of your post right below this. OP I'm glad you had a good day at your sister's wedding and I do understand somewhat. Good luck in planning your wedding.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    freebread03freebread03 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Answer Name Dropper
    edited May 2012
    Oh the irony. I really wonder what you were thinking when you typed this, with your crazy cousin that you're so concerned about and all.

Edit: Not directed at OP, but LittleMiss.

• Options
    I totally get it! My sister did the same thing to me- well almost the same thing.  Way to suck it up (it's not easy) and now you can have your amazing wedding! :)
  • Options
    Let the planning out in the open begin. ;)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I get it but I do hope you have a great wedding.  And that after this you and your sister can get back to being sisters (without the competition and and such).
    Daisypath Wedding tickers
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_chit-chat_yay-10?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:14Discussion:ba1ee0f7-d747-4523-b12c-1272f9162d62Post:f472a688-47f5-4a35-b149-c5e7b8dde606">Re: yay!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Good for you. Now get back to planning YOUR wedding, and stop getting hung up on what her wedding is/was like. It will be special because it will be YOUR day. Please, get over it. And rejoicing over this really does make you sound petty, bitchy, and immature. Do yourself and the people around you a HUGE favour and never bring this up again.
    Posted by LittleMissCutiePie[/QUOTE]

Seriously? After your cousin post?
    imageBabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Thank you, Lucy!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards