Chit Chat
Options

Christmas Ornament

I looking for  suggestions on finding a fun or unique christmas ornament.

long story short, my mom and her best friend decided when they were 22 they would just simply exchange an christmas ornament each year and that would be all. no other gifts.

Fast forward 45 years, my mom is passed but I have taken up the tradtion with her friend and continued to exchange christmas gifts. I've done a gold twinkleie one, a fancy 3d type twinkle one, one in remberance of my mom.

I'm trying to get inspired for this year and I have no clue. Any suggestions or places to look?

thank ya!

Re: Christmas Ornament

• Options
    Try Bronners.com.  They advertise as being the world's largest Christmas store and if there is an occasion, job, relationship, hobby, etc. they make an ornament for it.  The actual store is quite something!
  • Options
    You can try something homemade?I have seen on Pinterest where people take personal trinkets and make them into ornaments. Depending on what you have of your moms that you are willing to part with you could do something like that. Or if your mom has anything that she wrote out like a recipie or if they had a favortie song you could put it in a bulb like the picture...

Or an old picture of them together sort of like this...

you know any specific things your mom and her friend liked to do together? Baking, Movies, Road Trips? You could get something that symbolized that. Or perhaps a fond memory you have of your moms BF.

If you don't want to do anything like that, I found this and thought it was neat

• Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_chit-chat_christmas-ornament?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:14Discussion:bc11f3b7-ab8c-44a5-9ec3-6fb6151deecePost:c5717402-9938-42bd-ad49-e936e5b64a71">Re: Christmas Ornament</a>:
    [QUOTE]Try Bronners.com.  They advertise as being the world's largest Christmas store and if there is an occasion, job, relationship, hobby, etc. they make an ornament for it.  The actual store is quite something!
    Posted by kmmssg[/QUOTE]

This.  I have never NOT found an ornament here.
    Proud to be an old married hag!! image
  • Options
    GLB - have you been to their store or shopped online with them?
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards