Chit Chat
Options

not invited

so my best friend is dating someone who I cant stand. He has called me terrible names and has called my fiance terrible names as well. I dont want him coming to my wedding because I want to celebrate with people I love. How do I go about telling her that hes not invited and not look rude. I also have a couple other friends that are exes and I will ask them to not bring dates as well to save the drama. HELP!!!!
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: not invited

• Options
    You have to invite him. 

Perhaps if he really doesn't like you he will opt not to come... and then maybe your friend will see what a jackalope this guy is...
    imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    tldhtldh member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Odds are you aren't even going to notice him. 
    AKA GoodLuckBear14
  • Options
    There's no not-rude way to do something rude.

• Options
    Have you ever just sat down and discussed this with your friend?  You can't separate them when it comes to the invitation.  I can understand why you feel like you don't want him there but I think you need to talk to your friend and see why her SO behaves this way towards you and FI.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_chit-chat_not-invited-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:14Discussion:be6e36b0-4166-446d-9958-d9749451b310Post:fb7b092a-0ee0-4e74-813e-0095f7abdeef">Re: not invited</a>:
    [QUOTE]Are they in a serious relationship? If so, you're stuck.  If not - then give a sweet explanation that you can't accommodate dates.
    Posted by RetreadBride[/QUOTE]

If they consider themselves to be in a relationship at all, she needs to invite him. No one can define "serious" but the two in the relationship themselves.
  • Options
    I have a question... the way Im reading it (which could be totally wrong) is you wanna invite some of your exes who are now your friends, but dont want them to bring a date, as it will cause drama. If so, why would it cause drama to invite them if they are only friends now? If your going to be jelous of them bringing dates, maybe they shouldnt be at your wedding. And maybe its something you need to think about. If i read it wrong, forget everything I just said!

As for the first friend, they are wise. How mad would you be if someone didnt invite your FI to a wedding because they didnt like you. You cannot split them up, and you wont notice them.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards