Chit Chat
Options

Engagement Party question

Hello all!

I have a quick question regarding engagement parties. I am invited to one this Saturday, and have never been to one before. FI and I didn't have one, either. 

My question is: are gifts expected/required? I wouldn't want to be the only person who shows up without a gift. If so, what are some good gift suggestions? Any advice would be helpful.

Re: Engagement Party question

• Options
    You don't need to bring a gift.  If you really want to, I'd suggest a bottle of wine.
  • Options
    You can bring a small gift. I've only been to one and brought a frame.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    At our engagement party gifts ranged from a wedding planning book, picture frames, bridal magazines to cash gifts and gift cards. One of my favorite's was a basket with wine, a wine bottle opener, a few glasses, and a wine stopper. Gifts are not required, but anything you want to give them is fine.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options

I usually give cash.  It's what I usually see given around here.

• Options
    Thanks ladies!
  • Options
    I've always done a nice bottle of wine (~$30) and a card.
    Anniversary
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_chit-chat_engagement-party-question?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:14Discussion:be99dd10-97fd-4496-bd92-86653de0e5a9Post:14c28d63-525e-4a70-8f7a-a5a2afe0bc6c">Engagement Party question</a>:
    [QUOTE]Hello all! I have a quick question regarding engagement parties. I am invited to one this Saturday, and have never been to one before. FI and I didn't have one, either.  My question is: are gifts expected/required? I wouldn't want to be the only person who shows up without a gift. If so, what are some good gift suggestions? Any advice would be helpful.
    Posted by sonya+adam[/QUOTE]

I would just get a card.  Between the shower and actual wedding, they will get more than enough.  I do not think giving gifts is standard protocol at engagement parties.  I hardly got anything at mine and certainly didn't expect anything.
  • Options
    We got lots of wine and cards at ours.  One thing that was nice was a personalized bottle of sparkling wine with our names and the date we got engaged on it.  That was cute.
  • Options
    We only got one gift from my aunt. It was $30 and it was very nice but certainly not expected.

http://frankenstiensgirl.weebly.com
    Photobucket
    April 2013 Siggy Challenge: Save The Dates
  • Options
    Thanks for all your help! I think I'll go with the wine and a card option. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards