Chit Chat
Options

Just had a real like TK moment

So I just got a call from my sister. Apparently she got a red light ticket, which was in her opinion unwarranted. Since I am an attorney she asked me for advice about what to do. I looked at the video online of here clearly NOT stopping before turning right on red which is the law I NY, outside of NYC. I rationally explained why she should just pay the fine and move on she freaked out, told me I was wrong, that I didn't know what I was talking about, she wasn't asking for my help anyway, and hung up. Maybe I spend to much time on TK, but the reactions we get from some posters on here was the first thing that came to mind!

Re: Just had a real like TK moment

• Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_chit-chat_just-had-a-real-like-tk-moment?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:14Discussion:c556579b-2bf6-43eb-b483-db141d1b162ePost:c0cd60be-1c63-46aa-9d33-2114adfc86ba">Re: Just had a real like TK moment</a>:
    [QUOTE]That's totally how I deal with conflict in my real life.  I think giant overreactions ALWAYS make a situation better, especially when coupled with name calling. Sorry your sister was a bit of a drama queen - hopefully she'll get over it soon and pay her ticket.
    Posted by kwitherington[/QUOTE]

I hope so, it's $50.  By the time she took off work, got a sitter, drove to court, etc to fight it, she'd end up out so much more in addition to her fine once they review the tape.
  • Options
    Im sure she will realize that its much easier for her to pay the fine. She was probably just upset at that moment because she got the ticket. She will get over it. Good luck!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    kaos16kaos16 member
    First Answer First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited February 2013
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_chit-chat_just-had-a-real-like-tk-moment?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:14Discussion:c556579b-2bf6-43eb-b483-db141d1b162ePost:fba4f57d-c116-40a4-bb77-59673e36e8a2">Re: Just had a real like TK moment</a>:
    [QUOTE]I think I understand what you mean kaos. That snap reaction from posters on TK sometimes makes me laugh. I don't understand why people, although they may have a point, have to be rude and snappy in their replies. I think they just have their Knottie Panties in a twist and thinking of it that way calms me down in wanting to reply with a snarky remark. There really is no need to reply to posts with such distaste sometimes, especially when this site is for brides and the like to help each other, not ruin a brides day with more insulting comments. In response to the other half of your post, I do believe that your sister will see reason in time. she is probably just frustrated at herself right now. She will come down to earth and realize her mistake....I hope :) chin up fellow Knottie!
    Posted by brittblaz[/QUOTE]

I was refering more to a poster who asks for advice, is given good advice, occasionally blunt, but honest and accurate, and completely freaks out, changing their original post, saying they weren't looking for help anyway, telling people they aren't allowed to respond, etc. 

I'm just giving an example of how rediculous that behavior plays out in the real world!
  • Options
    NYCMercedesNYCMercedes member
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its
    edited February 2013
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_chit-chat_just-had-a-real-like-tk-moment?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:14Discussion:c556579b-2bf6-43eb-b483-db141d1b162ePost:fba4f57d-c116-40a4-bb77-59673e36e8a2">Re: Just had a real like TK moment</a>:
    [QUOTE]I think I understand what you mean kaos. That snap reaction from posters on TK sometimes makes me laugh. I don't understand why people, although they may have a point, have to be rude and snappy in their replies. I think they just have their Knottie Panties in a twist and thinking of it that way calms me down in wanting to reply with a snarky remark. There really is no need to reply to posts with such distaste sometimes, especially when this site is for brides and the like to help each other, not ruin a brides day with more insulting comments. In response to the other half of your post, I do believe that your sister will see reason in time. she is probably just frustrated at herself right now. She will come down to earth and realize her mistake....I hope :) chin up fellow Knottie!
    Posted by brittblaz[/QUOTE]

I agree with kaos that you missed her point.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards