Chit Chat
Options

Wedding Cake

My fiance and I aren't into wild flavors for wedding cakes but I'm more open than he is. His favorite flavor for cake is white, while I do like it to, I'm kind of wanting something different for our cake. Any ideas?

Re: Wedding Cake

• Options
    Biggest layer = traditional white wedding cake.
    Smaller layer = some other flavor that you like better than white.
  • Options
    longman801longman801 member
    First Comment
    edited July 2010
    maybe you like:
    www.theweddingstyle.com/2010-exclusive-famous-designer-wedding- dress-ma515-p-72.html">http://www.theweddingstyle.com/2010-exclusive-famous-designer-wedding-

dress-ma515-p-72.html

www.theweddingstyle.com/aline-strapless-applique-beading-wedding -dress-rdw017-p-236.html">http://www.theweddingstyle.com/aline-strapless-applique-beading-wedding

-dress-rdw017-p-236.html
  • Options
    Good suggestion from PP.. there are lots of choices, but top of my head our cake is one layer Bailey's Irish Cream, the next Raspberry creme  and the last chocolate... I totally understand wanting to add a layer of something different - your guests will probably like it too!
  • Options
    We did the bottom layer of Coconut cake with strawberry filling and the second adn top layer was chocolate fudge cake with raspberry filling. The whole cake was covered in white chocolate buttercream.

That way there is about half and half for people who might not like chocolate cake.

Camoo
  • Options
    We did the bottom tier white/white.  Middle tier chocolate/chocolate.  Top tier white with lemon filling.  We served the top tier as we did not plan on saving it for our 1 year anniversary.  From what I heard, the lemon was everyone's favorite, and I am so sad that I didn't get a piece!  I wish we would've done the bottom tier as the white cake with lemon filling as it went over really well.
  • Options
    We had chocolate cake with chocolate ganache, white cake with bavarian cream and strawberries, and champagne cake with a white chocolate cream.  The grooms cake was a white cake with cannoli cream filling.

I think you should probably decide flavors based on your tasting experience.  Good luck, and have fun picking them out!
    Photobucket
  • Options
    My favorite cake is pumpkin cake so I asked the cake lady about it. She does a lot of spice cake and after research on her part (and giving her my recipe!), we found that her spice cake was only 1 small ingredient away from my pumpkin cake. Our wedding is October so it just fits...it is the main layer. The other layer is marble for the less "daring".

• Options
    edited July 2010
    Thank you all for your suggestions. They were very helpful. And all of them sound good! I really didn't think about doing the layers in different flavors but now I think that's the choice we will go with. Thanks again.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_chit-chat_wedding-cake-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:14Discussion:c8737ccf-3530-40bd-82d4-00b65e65f0adPost:ba8928d2-6fc9-447b-bf8c-e94b174e2a53">Re: Wedding Cake</a>:
    [QUOTE]We had <strong>chocolate cake with chocolate ganache</strong>, white cake with bavarian cream and strawberries, and champagne cake with a white chocolate cream.  The grooms cake was a white cake with cannoli cream filling. I think you should probably decide flavors based on your tasting experience.  Good luck, and have fun picking them out!
    Posted by NillaWafer10[/QUOTE]

this is what we're getting, chocolate fans lol
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards