New Hampshire
Options

**Chica7484**

Didn't you attend Colby-Sawyer College in New London? I'm getting married in New London and am trying to figure out if there is a place for people to meet up after the rehearsal dinner. Do you know if there are any bars or restaurants near New London that we could go? It seems like most places close early there or might be a far drive. I know there is Salt Hill Pub in Newport but I'm just concerned about people drinking and then having to drive a ways. TIA for any suggestions. Oh, and if you aren't the person who attended Colby Sawyer sorry! :)

Re: **Chica7484**

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Hi uigirl!  I was wondering if you were still out there!  BTW - loved our rehearsal dinner experience at Bubbas in Newbury, they were great!!  I'm gonna butt in on this one as I've been to some fun places in New London - check out the Flying Goose Pub and/or Peter Christian's Tavern.  Both are great and have really cool, down to earth atmospheres!  GL!  You must be getting close if I'm remembering correctly!
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    No problem butting in. Yes, we only have a little over a month left....YIKES!! We ended up picking The Old Courthouse in Newport for our RD. We were thinking of going candlepin bowling in Newport after the RD but heard the bowling alley is kind of sketchy. Is Bubba's or the Flying Goose open late (i.e. past 9PM)? It seems that there are not many "bars" and the restaurants closes fairly early. I'm just trying to figure out if there is a place we can meet up with the people not attending the RD. By the way Barb, your wedding turned out beautiful!! I just keep thinking how the hell is mine going to come together and not be a complete disaster! ;)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Yeah...how did you know that? "Bars" and "New London" don't really go together, if you know what I mean! Peter Christian's is pretty good, as is the Flying Goose. Other than those two, your choices are pretty slim. You obviously want guests to be safe, and NL cops are pretty strict, so I would try to keep things within walking distance. PC's may be your best bet. HTH and Go Chargers :)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    The Flying Goose does functions. We had our senior social there in the back room overlooking Kearsarge. You could call them and arrange for them to stay open later (you may have to pay for apps or something)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Chica- My FI and I were starting to get that feeling about New London. Thanks for the feedback. We'll contact Flying Goose and PC Tavern to see what we can figure out. Thanks again!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Thanks UI!  I'm very happy with how things turned out!  Things will come together - don't you worry.  I feel like the last month is when everything finally came together and was finalized.  Bubba was willing to stay open later for us, so certainly give him a call.  I'd do the same for PCs and Flying Goose.  Everyone up there is so nice, so if you express to them your intentions and what is going on, they may be willing to stay open later.  We were able to do that with the place we did our "after party" at...we filled them in, and they were more than happy to stay open late, with no extra charge.  (The tavern at the Mountain Edge Resort in Sunapee).  Haven't heard either way about the bowling in Newport.  My sister works in Newport so I'll ask if she's heard anything about it...GL, have a blast, and enjoy your month.  It'll come together even though things seem hectic right now!  I'm excited for you!!!
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards