Chit Chat
Options

Last couple weeks will be crazy! (kinda long)

I never really post on here but had to share the crazyness that is my life at the moment! My FI is has been out of town this week which leaves wedding plans to me. I ordered our place cards to be printed, a tiered stand being made for our cupcakes, finalized details for the reception this morning and signed off on it, made a seating chart, will be setting up a timeline for the dj and filling out paperwork for the church where we are having the ceremony. Phew!

Saturday I have my hair trial and Sunday meeting with the maids, my mom and wedding planner to go over the timeline and practice my bustle. (I have both over and under as well as a few buttons and snaps...it's madness!)

Along with wedding plans, I have to go to the gyno to get my b.c. on tuesday (I'm getting the Implanon thing put in) and then next Thursday I have to have all 4 of my wisdom teeth pulled. Two days after that surgery is my bachelorette party...

Woah! Are you ladies feeling the same stress? What helps you deal with it? I feel like I'm drowning in everything that needs to be done....and I found another gray hair yesterday...that's not right, I'm only 22! LOL
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Last couple weeks will be crazy! (kinda long)

• Options
    Wow.  Good luck with the wisdom teeth right before your bach party!

Some people are lucky with swelling/bruising, and some aren't.  My brother had all 4 of his out and had almost no swelling and very little bruising.  I was super swollen for about 5 days after having mine out, and I had bruising all the way down the left side of my jaw.  I also think I had a crappy oral surgeon, though, so hopefully you have a good one! 
  • Options
    I would REALLY reconsider getting your wisdom teeth pulled right now. It sucks, and you'll be sore and swollen (more than likely) for your b-party. Don't risk it. AND, I wasn't allowed to drink out of a straw for like two weeks... how are you supposed to have cocktails with your girls if you can't use a straw?! lol.

But seriously, put off the oral surgery. Yucky time to be doing that.
  • Options
    I wish I could put off the surgery, but once I get married I will lose my health insurance and my FI doesn't have any through his job. If the teeth weren't coming up and pushing all my other teeth I would just wait longer but my bottom wisdom teeth are causing pain and my gums are irritated and inflamed a little.

Guess I'll just have to drink right from the glass and on the bright side, I'll probably lose a pound or two with not being able to eat much for a couple days! LOL
  • Options

Yeah the wisdom teeth now...bad idea.  When is your wedding. bach parties can be cancelled and I am guessing that you may just do that, becaue you will probably be feeling really crappy.  And if your not, you won't be able to drink because of the pain meds you will be on.  If you are doing something low key like a sleepover or something you may alright, but otherwise, I doubt you will feel much like partying. 

The last few weeks seem to be super hectic.  I am getting married in 8 days and in the last two of those days my pastor told me he couldn't marry us and our best man, flower girl and ring bearer may not make it to the ceremony.  So yeah, I know how you feel.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_chit-chat_last-couple-weeks-will-crazy-kinda-long?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:14Discussion:cfa4b531-674a-49bb-be73-2125ec1e40cfPost:8856647b-33a1-4d38-8789-05d5fedaf8b7">Re: Last couple weeks will be crazy! (kinda long)</a>:
    [QUOTE]The last few weeks seem to be super hectic.  I am getting married in 8 days and in the last two of those days my pastor told me he couldn't marry us and our best man, flower girl and ring bearer may not make it to the ceremony.  So yeah, I know how you feel.
    Posted by Lilou902[/QUOTE]

You are officially a SAINT.  How you are so calm is beyond me but I think you are my new hero!
    imageDaisypath Anniversary tickers

*No pony, no I do!*
  • Options

Breezerb -

Haha.  I wasn't that calm last night.  The pastor was a total shock, as he has to have an emergency surgery and won't be recovered in time - so there is another pastor who is going to marry us, but unfortunately we don't know him and won't be meeting him until the rehersal.  As for the bestman, fg and rb, they are all a family unit (my fi's brother and children) and FSIL is preggo and is due right after the wedding.  If she doesn't go into labor before mid next week, they are going to induce her and she will still be in the hospital by wedding day.  She really thinks they will make it (even if they have to be discharged from the hosptial and drive over), but we are preparing for the worst - so is FBIL.  I do understand, but of course it's hard, because I SO want FBIL to be there for my FI.  I just pray it all works out.

I am trying to take everything with a grain of salt and keep in mind that at the end of the day, I am going to be married to the most wonderful man, and whether people are there or not, we are going to be starting the rest of our lives together and make all of our dreams come true!  :)  And for me that's more than enough.
  • Options
    I was very sick after I got my wisdom teeth pulled out. I got mine pulled out 2 weeks before I went on vacation to Vegas.....my mouth was still tender when I went.

I had severe pain, swelling and bruising. The pain pills the doc gave me also made me sick!   I would definently try to reschedule that  :)
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    They gave me vicodin after I had all 4 of my wisdom teeth out.  I never needed anything more than Ibuprofen for the pain.  So hopefully you are lucky and don't have a lot of pain, but you will most likely be swollen for your bach party.

Why will you lose your insurance when you get married?
  • Options

Hey Frogurt -

I LOVE this pic of you!  I love it so much that I am wanting to ask my photographer to take one of me like this.  It is truly amazing!  Just wanted to let you know!  :)
  • Options
    I'm on my father's insurance because I was in school full time and under 25 but they only cover until you reach 25 or get married. Once I'm married I become my husband's responsibility LOL

I've heard people say they bounce back in a day or two so I"m hoping that'll be the case for me. I usually heal pretty quickly and have a pretty high tolerance for pain. My wedding is 9/11 so I'm confident I'll be fine for the wedding. I would reschedule my bach. party but this wkend is the only one left before the wedding and if I do it on a weekday no one will be able to come due to work, so I'll just have to suck it up, take some pain meds and have a good time!
  • Options
    Good luck with that! Wow, that's a lot of stress in such a short amount of time. Take a deep breath and do one thing at a time. Prioritize. Relax when you can.  As for your wisdom teeth, make sure you're taking care of yourself. Tone down the b-party a little if need be.  For some people it doesn't take long to heal, but everyone's different.  GOOD LUCK!  And yayyy for your wedding coming up really soon! Have tons of fun!
    Anniversary DS was born 11/30/12... so in love :)
  • Options
    Wow, you've got a lot going on. If it helps, I had a really easy experience with all four wisdom teeth out. I only had a tiny bit of swelling the first few hours. They gave me vicodin and I think my mom gave me maybe 1 or 1 1/2 pills total and then I didn't need anything at all. The only trouble I had is that vicodin makes me sleep, a lot. My mom had to keep waking me up to make me eat little bits here and there. And yes, it was mostly milk shakes and jello, but in such small quantities that I think I did drop a few pounds. I had my surgery a day or two after Christmas and was eating pizza with my friends on New Year's Eve. I hope you have as speedy a recovery as I did. Best of luck, you will get through everything. And just remember that at the end of the day, you will be married to your husband :)
  • Options

Watch your alcohol consumption with the pain killers you'll be taking from your wisdom teeth! Unless that's how you like to party ;) No judgement!

But yes, I had a really, really easy wisdom teeth experience so I hope you'll be fine. I was eating biscuits the very night I got them out!

And yes, I was super stressed the weeks before my wedding, I finally got to a point where I stopped caring and just wanted to be married and it all worked out fine!

• Options
    healing times also depend on how you are having your wisdom teeth pulled... mine cost a little more because it was more "elective" method, but I had them lasered out by a great oral surgeon. Never needed more than motrin, and I was eating scrambled eggs later that night - totally worth it! If you have it done with the knife it causes a lot more trauma, swelling and longer healing time plus inc risk of infection... with your bach party and wedding so close, would laser surgery be an option??

good luck!!!
  • Options

I had my wisdom teeth pulled (or actually surgically removed since they were not even coming in yet) a few years back - I am allergic to morphine and have had reactions to other stronger pain meds, so afterwards the only thing they would give me was a stronger ibprofin (bacially like taking 4 in one pill).  What i think really saved me was my "ice tube" -- basically what it was was lilke someone had cut off the sleeve of a love sleeve shirt, and we would refill ice bags and keep them in this tubular sock thing, and i kept it tied around my jaws (knot on top of my head) -- i looked a little wierd, granted i didnt leave the house - but i was never in pain (only took the pills the first day), and recovered quickly.  I only needed the ice for the first 24-36 hours - and i didnt swell up bad becasue of it. 

Not sure if i would have been up for a bach party 2 days later -- but i think if you follow some of the advice given by previous posts, and as long as you have a good surgery/tooth extraction, hopefully you will be up and ready.

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options

I had all four of my wisdom teeth out at the same time. They did it on a Friday and I went out on Sat night. I had move pain two weeks later than I did after the first day. My dentist said this was because all my teeth were adjusting to not being so crowded. I hope, for your sake, you are all me :)

Good luck with everything. I feel like from here until my wedding I will be at a constant level of stress!

• Options
    Holy crap... when i was 22 my biggest worry was who was going downtown and when my homework was due for my classes!

Good luck with everything... I wish I could say I had the same amount of stress but just take one thing at a time and lists always help the process :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards