Chit Chat

Website RSVP - email address required

I have the RSVP set up through the website but want to turn off that the e-mail address is required to RSVP.  Any ideas?

Re: Website RSVP - email address required

• My fiancee and I are having the same trouble.  Many of our guests are not very tech-savvy and quite a few (elders and children) don't even have email addresses.  Additionally, we don't want to burden our guests by requiring them to give up their addresses.  We'd love to turn this option off, but it seems that it isn't possible.  How is everyone else dealing with this? Thanks in advance for any input.
  • It's a ridiculous requirement. We added a page underneath RSVP entititled "RSVP Tips" with information such as using my e-mail address if you don't have one. 
  • Thanks for the idea on the jpeg.  I too would love to turn this off as it is a silly requirement.
  • I also was having trouble with this feature. But instead of putting another tab for guests to get help on I made a picture in paint that told guests that they were going to be required to have an email and then I gave them my email address instead. I used this picture for the RSVP tab. I hope it works!
  • Seriously, why is this a requirement? My two year old cousin does not have an email address It should not be required for every member of the party to enter a valid email address. We should have the option to require it or not.
  • We also think the e-mail option is dumb. We are not even sure where this information is going! Our test runs send the guest's information (e-mail) to our own e-mail to notify us of the response, but it does not save the e-mail in the guest list manager which is advertised as such a perk. What is even the point!

However, we have found that simply entering a fake e-mail with correct format will satisfy the requirement and that is what we are having our guests fill in. 
    ....thisisstupid@nobodycares.com
  • Just to point out the obvious, but if a person doesn't have an email address, do you really think they are going to use a website to RSVP?  

If you can't be bothered with regular RSVPs, at least give them a phone option.  
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards