New Hampshire

Pics before the ceremony

So the weather doesn't seem to be coorporating with my outdoor ceremony for Saturday.  Of course it is all still up in the air because of this stupid Danny storm down in the Caribbean.  Luckily we booked the chuch across the street from teh park we are supposed to use as a back up in case of rain.  I am totally fine with using the church, but my one concern/sadness is picttures.  I had allof these ideas for our pics outdoors.  So what I am leaning towards (if the weather coordinates).  The storm isn't supposed to reach us until about 3pm so if it isn't raining in the early afternoon, FI and I will do our formal pics before the ceremony.  I originally wanted FI to see me for the first time when I walked down the islle, but the more I think about it, I think doing pics before would be more special because we can talk to eachother, and then maybe I won't be so nervous for the ceremony.  Did anyone do pics before their ceremony?  If so were you happy you did it?   I know this makes a lot of people cringe (includingmy mom) but pics are imporatnt to me and I want to get some outdoors if I can.  Sorry this is so long!  Just had to vent / get some opinions I guess :)

Re: Pics before the ceremony

• edited December 2011
    We did picts before.  But I still wanted that AHHH moment, so I asked our photographer to 'stage' something for the first time we saw one another dressed up.  They ended up being some of my favorite pictures.  It was just DH and I outside and after a bit our planner called in the rest of our party.  Logistically it's a little tricky, so it helps if you have a planner around or if your photog has an assistant.Seeing one another ahead of time did not at all take away from the 'magic' We had more time to appreciate one another, I got to get his full first reaction instead of focusing on vows and guests watching us.  It's not for everyone, but it made our day really special.Good luck!!
  • MrsWilson0611MrsWilson0611 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I've actually heard that many wedding planners highly recommend taking pictures before the ceremony so that afterwards you can attend your own cocktail hour or spend alone time together.  It's supposed to make things a lot less stressful even though it takes away the tradition of FI first seeing you when you walk down the aisle.  I'm sure that the first moment FI sees you will still be amazing, I think that it could be even more special to have it be relatively private rather than in front of all of your guests.
  • edited December 2011
    If pics are important to you, then go ahead and do them before the ceremony.  It is still going to be an amazing day regardless of the weather, and there will be plenty of "wow" moments to look forward to.
  • edited December 2011
    Go for it! I wish we would have done pictures before the ceremony because DH and I were verrrry anxious and nervous before hand. I think it would have helped calm us down and allowed us to enjoy and take in the ceremony more. Plus with your rain fear, it sounds like a perfect plan! p.s. Let me know if you want me to come earlier :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards