Chit Chat
Options

Wedding NIghtmare

This is truly a nightmare about my wedding.  Last night I found my self tossing and turning and waking up constantly all because of my wedding in 3 months.  I had dreams about being preoccupied with something else and not getting to my hairdresser appointment until 3 hours after it was supposed to start which is the time I'm supposed to be walking down the aisle.  Then the flowers were delivered to the wrong place so the were no bouquets or boutonnières.  I finally started walking down the aisle alone because my mom was mad at me and wouldn't come to my wedding, and my damn heel broke.  Nothing else went wrong until the reception.  The venue  decided that the Pan Roasted Salmon in Champagne sauce wasn't a good enough choice and changed that entrée to tuna salad.    Believe it or not there was more to it and I woke up practically hitting my FI telling him to fix all this sh*t.  

I think I've been thinking about my wedding too much that it's now haunting me.  Anyone else had these issues?

Re: Wedding NIghtmare

• Options
    i havent had wedding nightmares like this, but have this type of issue when I am overly stressed at work - I dream that I have dropped the ball on something, forgotten an event entirely, etc.  The worst is when the dreams are so real that I wake up wondering if this actually happened, or if it was a dream.

My best advice is to try to relax a little - the anxiety haunting your sleep is no good!  I know its easier said than done.  Maybe set a time in the evenings right before bed that you do something enjoyable that has nothing to do with the wedding? 
  • Options
    Before we changed our date from Sapetember to march, I was having nightmares a lot but, now that it is a year away I feel less stressed and the nightmares have stopped. They'll probably start back again the closer we get to the wedding, my aunt also had them almost every night from 3 months before her wedding up until the wedding. Take a wedding free day and do not allow yourself to think anything wedding, I know it is very hard to do but, it will be worth it in the end!! Go do something you used to love to do before wedding was in your mind!! I tried and it worked, it calmed my stress level a lot. That was befor ewe changed our date, though.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I had a friend who got married and a million things went wrong at her wedding, she told me when the day comes you just don't care anymore.  That you let the little stuff go and just enjoy the day no matter what happens.  This made me feel better :)
  • Options
    xoxobxoxob member
    First Comment
    I hada  dream that it was the morning of my wedding and I didn't have a dress. I was trying to find one really quick off the rack, so I went to DB and they told they were "sold out of wedding dresses" I then flipped out on the store and proceeded to break all its windows.
  • Options
    OMG my first nightmare was my sister was my bridesmaid (and we do not get along so she is not welcome at my wedding) and two girls I have no idea who they are one one girl from Jr. High School (and I have not talked to her since).

THEY SPRAY PAINTED MY DRESS purple and red "to give it color" and couldn't understand why I was so upset. In fact no one could understand why I was so upset that my dress was not purple and red.

M
  • Options
    Yes, I had some of those a few months ago. Now that we are only 6wks away, they have subsided, so there is hope. The funniest one I had that I can remember is that I walked down the isle without a dress on. I actually don't even know what I was wearing, if anything. It is just the brains way of dealing with all of the bazillions thoughts and worries that go into planning a wedding.
  • Options
    I had one about 6 weeks ago, and my sister wouldn't show up to my wedding.  Then I was late down the aisle.  I had to walk down twice for some reason.  I was freaked out when I woke up.  

Looking back, I think it's stress, and the fact that my older sister hasn't gotten measured for her darn bridesmaid dress yet! :-/  

It's stress, but don't stress!  It's all good. 
  • Options
    Wedding dreams are really common; it's what you have on your mind for most of the day, so naturally it's going to appear in your dreams as well.  DH even had wedding dreams.  My dreams were all that the wedding was occurring with my to-do list in its present state, so they got less dire as we got closer.
    This is a neglected planning bio.
    This is a belated married bio, with no reviews yet because I'm lazy.

Sometimes I feel like people think that brides are delicate little flower princesses who get all dressed up and pretty for one special moment of their dreams, when really they're just normal people who just happen to be getting married. Things shouldn't have to be sugar-coated for grown-ass women. -mstar284
  • Options
    bexbarkbexbark member
    First Comment
    My weirdest wedding nightmare was similar to xoxob's. In my dream I woke up the morning of my wedding and realized I had never bought a dress. So one of my bridesmaids took me to Goodwill to find a dress, but there weren't any wedding dresses that would fit me. So she sewed together a bunch of women's underwear (in white at least) to make my dress. It was really really strange, but we had a laugh over it when I told her about the dream!
  • Options
    BCsGalBCsGal member
    First Comment
    Last night I dreamed that I forgot to do all these things - set the menu, make programs, tell our ceremony musicians what music to play, it was horrible!  And it was like I didn't know until I was literally walking down the aisle, and I was like, oh crap, I forgot to make the programs!  LOL I am not stressed about finishing or anything, I usually though think about the wedding and just ideas I have as I am falling asleep, so I guess those things manifested into my dream.  I started to tell my FI about my dream this morning, and it turns out he had a wedding dream too!  He had a dream that at our wedding, my twin sister was carrying a 2 liter (who knows why!) and she dropped it on her foot, and broke her ankle, and had to go to the hospital and get an IV for the pain! LOL  We called her today and warned her today to not carry anything heavy at the wedding.:)
    Christina & Brandon - August 7, 2010 Anniversary
    My Planning Bio | My Married Bio | FOR SALE!
  • Options
    I dreamed I was sitting at a long table at my wedding reception and I had a notebook in front of me.  People were lined up bringing me gifts and I was trying to write them all down in the notebook so I could send thank you cards.  But they kept handing me weird things like 7 teaspoons. So I'd try to write down "Aunt Sue brought me 7 silver teaspoons" before the next person came up with something equally wierd.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    Wedding nightmares suck! 

I had my first wedding related nightmare last week. It was the day of my wedding (outdoor ceremony) and it was a torrential downpour. When we moved everything inside, there was not enough room for everyone to fit inside, so guests had to stand outside in the rain, peeking in through the windows.

To top it off, I looked horrible because my makeup and hair girl never showed up and I couldn't brush my teeth.  My bridesmaids and half the guests never showed up, and the food was cold. 

In the dream I demanded that my dad buy me another wedding because this one was so bad.... so apparently subconsciously I'm a huge bridezilla bitch!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    My wedding is in 48 days and I've been having nightmares since January. In my dreams I've married someone other than my FI on two separate occasions and just the other night the cake spontaneously caught fire. I have the craziest dreams all the time and I routinely have to get up and take care of wedding stuff because I just can't sleep while they are on my mind. In fact I just go up to sew some wedding decorations (it's 2:34am). Wedding nightmares are common, learn to laugh at them because in the light of day they are usually completely absurd.
    imageGraphics In a world of crazy we need as many hugs as we can get.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_chit-chat_wedding-nightmare?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:14Discussion:d644ee69-d482-4d92-b6c8-3bdc64ccbb92Post:ce225ea9-a7a3-475d-ae9e-5687a01babf2">Re: Wedding NIghtmare</a>:
    [QUOTE]I dreamed I was sitting at a long table at my wedding reception and I had a notebook in front of me.  People were lined up bringing me gifts and I was trying to write them all down in the notebook so I could send thank you cards.  But they kept handing me weird things like 7 teaspoons. So I'd try to write down "Aunt Sue brought me 7 silver teaspoons" before the next person came up with something equally wierd.
    Posted by keziah23[/QUOTE]

Hehehe, I have to say I like this one the best. =)

Megan
  • Options
    I've had many. The most memorable ones:
    1. I'm standing at the altar, and FI has just said heartfelt vows to me. I realize I have not written any vows and have to "improvise."
    2. BY FAR MY FAVORITE: I am sitting at a long table in a medieval hut with a thatched roof in the midst of a feast with a roasted boar. FI's family is all around me, but he isn't there. They feed me until I'm about to burst, and sing at me in unison about marriage's trials and tribulations. After the song is over, they put me in a suit of magical golden armor, and send me out into the forest to fend for myself. If I survive, I am worthy of my groom. After a few days in the forest, FI shows up and leads me to safety.
    WTF?!
    We're just two lost souls swimmin' in a fish bowl, year after year
  • Options
    BrideofBigSur: I think yours takes the cake (so to speak)
    :)
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    *snicker* "Takes the cake!" Love it!
    I've always had vivid dreams, but I really wish they were all as fun as that one!
    We're just two lost souls swimmin' in a fish bowl, year after year
  • Options
    Hahaha so glad to know I'm not the only one having wedding nightmares! My wedding is 4 months away and it seems everynight at least a short part of my dream (or the whole thing) is about how my mom is mad at me on my wedding day, i have put everything off until the day before and have nothing planned, that my hair is like green the morning of and that some force is like keeping me from walking down the aisle....hahaha at least my FI hasn't run off with someone else in the dreams! It could always be worse!!

<3
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards