Chit Chat
Options

Easy way to collect addresses?

So today is my "one year till" the wedding (!!!!) and I guess I should get on the ball with the STD cards, especially so since the wedding is taking place over the July 4th holiday weekend and people make plans or have concrete annual plans for that weekend. PLUS all of the out-of-state guests need more of a heads-up. AND, I'm tired of people asking "so when's the date?"  My plan is to have them out by August @ the latest.

I just realized what a PIA it is going to be getting everyone's mailing address for STD and invites.  I'm in the process of putting all of this in an excel spreadsheet.

I'm assuming I'll have to ambush my mom's and FMIL's address books and send many phone calls, emails, texts, FB messages, what have you, to get them.

Does anyone have any "quick tips" that you found out while doing this to make scrounging up addresses easier? Any kind of awesome system you had that you can share would be GREAT.

THANKS!!

UPDATE:  I hit the jackpot!  I just remembered - my brother got married a year ago!  He still has his address saved to excel and sent me a copy of our family via e-mail
Laughing  I knew there was a good side to my baby brother getting hitched first!  WOHOO!
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Re: Easy way to collect addresses?

• Options
    I went down my Facebook friends list and copy-pasted a message to each one asking for their mailing address.  Took maybe half an hour to do about 100.  I then copied them into Excel as they came in.
    This is a neglected planning bio.
    This is a belated married bio, with no reviews yet because I'm lazy.

Sometimes I feel like people think that brides are delicate little flower princesses who get all dressed up and pretty for one special moment of their dreams, when really they're just normal people who just happen to be getting married. Things shouldn't have to be sugar-coated for grown-ass women. -mstar284
  • Options
    While I was waiting for my mom to get me addresses, I looked a lot of them up on whitepages.org, and they turned out to be pretty accurate.  It was then easier to just say "this is what I have, is it right?" and my mom could confirm it rather than having to type it all out for me.  Some people also have their addresses on facebook.  And you can email one person about a whole family, like I emailed my mom's cousin and asked for the addresses of all of her kids (my second cousins).
    Married 10/2/10
  • Options
    I used zabasearch.com to gather a lot of the addresses I needed. 
    imageFollow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    I used WHitepages.com, or a phone call.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • Options
    I just used e-mail. Thankfully my Mom had some relatives e-mail that had other relatives addresses. As soon as I got them, I put them in an Excel spreadsheet, did this for hubby's family as well. And my sister was a big help in getting some for me, too. If you have cooperative family and friends, it shouldn't be too hard, just time consuming. At least when it is done, you won't have to worry about it again for the invitations.
  • Options
    I looked through my address book and my mom's address book.  We looked on whitepages.com for our guests age 30+ who might actually be listed there (most of our 20-something friends had moved recently, had different mailing and permanent addresses, etc.).  We-mailed, texted or facebooked messaged those 20-somethings.  In some cases where there were multiple adult siblings, we asked the sibling who was easiest to get ahold of for all of the addresses for their family.

Then we nagged MIL for her guest list until it was time to say "we need these in order to mail out invitations."

It may or may not end up being difficult to gather addresses.  I was able to get my guests' addresses pretty easily, whereas DH had difficulty getting some of his friends and family to respond.
  • Options
    superpages.com
    imageimageVacation Till our honeymoon!!!
  • Options
    Our parents found out most of our relatives addresses for us. The ones we didn't have we just either emailed them or called them asking for their  address.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I messaged everyone that had a Facebook and go their addresses. Then if they didnt have a FB I emailed them. If they didnt had that I sat down my with Grandma's and got the addresses. The last few I needed I just called. FB really helped me though. About 75 percent of my guest list I got their addresses from messaging them on there.
    "To my Husband: I pray that you never have to steal, lie, or cheat. But if you must steal I pray you steal away my sorrows, if you must lie I pray you lie with me all the days of my life, and if you must cheat I pray you cheat death so I never have to live a day without you" -Irish Wedding Toast Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards