Chit Chat
Options

Second Wedding registry?

Is it appropriate to register for items even though this will be my second marriage? It will still be a first for my husband-to-be, and there are so many items we both want and need.  What is the etiquette on this?

Re: Second Wedding registry?

• Options
    I don't know what the etiquette is, but I recently went to a wedding and it was the bride's second marriage and the groom's first marriage, and they registered for gifts.  I didn't have any problem buying them a gift.

• Options
    Yes, it is appropriate - register if you want to.  I know you will say that between you and FI you have everything you need, but this is an opportunity to upgrade some household stuff (you don't have to do the full-blown china/flatware/etc).  DH and I (second marriage for both) didn't register, and in hindsight I wish I had done a basic registry somewhere. 
    imageFollow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    A registry isn't a subpoena, it's simply providing a guideline for guests who wish to purchase you a gift.  Just make sure you have items in a variety of price points.
    This is a neglected planning bio.
    This is a belated married bio, with no reviews yet because I'm lazy.

Sometimes I feel like people think that brides are delicate little flower princesses who get all dressed up and pretty for one special moment of their dreams, when really they're just normal people who just happen to be getting married. Things shouldn't have to be sugar-coated for grown-ass women. -mstar284
  • Options
    I think it is appropriate. You never publicize your registry anyway, unless someone asks about it, so I don't see how it would be inappropriate.

I don't know how I feel about a shower, though.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • Options
    Yes, it's fine to register for a second wedding.

beyond that, I wouldn't
  • Options
    Of course you can.  And if someone wants to throw you a *gasp* shower that is fine too.  You don't have to apologize that you were fortunate enough to find love again- it's a time to celebrate and it people want to shower you and give you a gift then so be it- this marriage and wedding deserves to be celebrated not forgiven- enjoy your love!!!
  • Options
    i made one and this will be my second wedding
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards