Chit Chat

Where to get the marriage license?

I have been looking online and I don't really know where to post this... so I figured I'd try here. I am getting married in California, and live in Colorado. Am I supposed to get my marriage license in my home state or the marriage state?
Thanks for your help; sorry if this is posted in the wrong place!

Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Where to get the marriage license?

• You get your marriage license in the county/state where you are getting married.

You need to check ahead of time and see what is required there - all states/counties are not the same.
    Do not mess in the affairs of dinosaurs because you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.
    I love you Missy. Even though you are not smart enough to take online quizzes to find out really important information. ~cew
  • Okay thank you!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I read on my Parish Clerk's website that marriage licenses issued in our parish are only good in our parish. So I would think get the license in the county and state where your ceremony is.
    Whatever you hatters be hattin. -Tay Prince
  • in california you get it at the county courthouse. you can get a public one or a confidential one. the prices vary by county. private means that you are the only one that can access the marriage license. public, well that is obvious. you need a form of id, no blood test.
  • You'll need to get it in the California county where the wedding will be performed, and likely you'll both need to go in person.  FI and I are going to Vegas this weekend, and we'll be picking ours up.
    This is a neglected planning bio.
    This is a belated married bio, with no reviews yet because I'm lazy.

Sometimes I feel like people think that brides are delicate little flower princesses who get all dressed up and pretty for one special moment of their dreams, when really they're just normal people who just happen to be getting married. Things shouldn't have to be sugar-coated for grown-ass women. -mstar284
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards