Chit Chat

Icebreakers

Hi there.  I am a newbie to this board but have been on TK for a while now and need some generic advice. 

Anyways, I figured this may be a good spot to ask this question.  I have a company off-site meeting coming up in February and I was designated to have the "icebreaker" topic/game at a group meeting. 

I have googled this and there are TONS of things out there! The only thing is, I do not know whether they are fun/interesting.  My question to you all is what are some fun ones you may have experienced?  The group of people is only 9, so it would have to be something we could accomplish in 30-45 minutes.  I like the idea of the game, "Two Truths and a Lie" but was looking for other ideas as well.  Any help or suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks!
BabyFruit Ticker

Re: Icebreakers

• I love two truths and a lie! Sometimes people really surprise you, especially because you can play into stereotypes (in a fun way).
    For example, I am really outgoing and bubbly, but I am a CPA in real life, so people always assume this is my lie.
  • I am not a fan of icebreakers either but it was assigned to me! UGH...

I like the jellybean idea and it will be interesting to see how greedy some people are!  Thanks for all the input!

BabyFruit Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_chit-chat_icebreakers?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:14Discussion:e695ec61-662a-48b7-b490-e54824bf82a5Post:3c01d9f2-c104-4ac6-b2c8-e15decd43d5f">Re: Icebreakers</a>:
    [QUOTE]No, you aren't the only person who hates icebreakers.  I despise them with the passion of a thousand burning suns, along with those <strong>hokey "team building exercises.</strong>"  I refer to icebreakers and team-building exercises as Stupid Pet Tricks for Adults, and will never understand why employers do this.  Most people already know their coworkers as well as they want to, and this does nothing to motivate them to work smarter or harder.  It's not fun.  It's demeaning and boring. People join in on them because they have to do it in order to keep their jobs.
    Posted by RetreadBride[/QUOTE]

Ditto.  However, my uncle, I don't know what business he works for, but for their "team building exercise" they took the department to Vegas.  They were divided into teams and given a set amount of money.  As a team they had certain tasks they had to do (sing karaoke, play blackjack, order drinks from a particular place etc) and whichever team had the most money by the end of the trip won.  I WISH my employer did that.

To the OP, something we did in my nursing class was write an interesting fact about ourselves that wasn't common, the instructor then read them all aloud and we had to guess who each response belonged to and then the person had to elaborate on that.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards