Chit Chat
Options

Guest List

My fiance and I need to cut back our guest list. We started out with about 150 and are now up to about 220. We started cutting people off the list. We mainly cut people we dont talk to very much and people we really dont see much. I literally have started getting emails from people point blank asking me if they are getting invited, some of which I didnt intend on inviting. How do I politely tell those people I cant invite them without ruining our friendship or insulting them? We are doing a no kid reception to help with costs but still are needing to cut back some.

Re: Guest List

• Options
    It's SO beyond rude of people to be asking you if they're invited.
    All you have to say is that you haven't finalized the guest list, but you have a limited number of space in the reception room and you have to invite family before friends. 
    That much might even be too much.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I agree. This sounds like the most polite way to respond to their rudeness.
  • Options
    abgpal11abgpal11 member
    First Comment
    edited September 2010
    Fi and I are just telling people that ask or assume they're invited (which I agree is totally rude) that logistically we can't invite literally everyone we know.  Not enough room in the church, not enough room at the reception hall.  Not to mention we can't afford to invite 300 people even if we did have the room.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I would probably just ignore them- if they are really that close to you they will know they are invited.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_chit-chat_guest-list-3?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:14Discussion:e699096e-e5c0-40ac-b65b-9af53a69a472Post:a021af0d-7ffd-49bc-80d9-ee255c6af86c">Re: Guest List</a>:
    [QUOTE]Fi and I are just telling people that ask or assume they're invited (which I agree is totally rude) that logistically we can't invite literally everyone we know.  Not enough room in the church, not enough room at the reception hall.  Not to mention we can't afford to invite 300 people even if we did have the room.
    Posted by abgpal11[/QUOTE]

This.  For me, our reception hall could only fit x number of people and FI & I have large families, so the focus was that we ONLY invited family and our closest friends.
    Anniversary DS was born 11/30/12... so in love :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards