Chit Chat
Options

Photographer Problems?

So, to put it quite simply, my photographer is driving me crazy. She is literally the hardest person to get in contact with. I email her & she answers less than half the time & when I call theres no answer. I tried leaving voicemails & she has never returned one. I added her on facebook & sent her a couple of questions I had. She got back to me at first but then slowly quit responding. (this has all been over a period of months I'm not like emailing her everyday) But yeah it's driving me crazy & I don't know what to do. We've already put down too much money & our wedding is too soon to get another photographer, anyone have these issues? I mean I definitely understand her being busy but this is ridicilous! I also don't know if I should say something, I don't want to be rude but I feel this is so unprofessional. help?
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Photographer Problems?

• Options
    Call her, leave a message, and say if she doesnt get back to you shortly you will find another and request legal action for downpayment be returned
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    How many questions could you possibly have?  I think I contacted my photographer twice before the wedding.  
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_chit-chat_photographer-problems?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:14Discussion:e79f6db1-b4da-4bc4-852c-b250377e92edPost:fa1efe2e-edd9-4127-a155-326bc8db3b0d">Re: Photographer Problems?</a>:
    [QUOTE]How many questions could you possibly have?  I think I contacted my photographer twice before the wedding.  
    Posted by MrsGandthebeag[/QUOTE]

This was my first thought also.  Call her and ask for a meeting if you really have that many questions.
    Proud to be an old married hag!! image
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_chit-chat_photographer-problems?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:14Discussion:e79f6db1-b4da-4bc4-852c-b250377e92edPost:fa1efe2e-edd9-4127-a155-326bc8db3b0d">Re: Photographer Problems?</a>:
    [QUOTE]How many questions could you possibly have?  I think I contacted my photographer twice before the wedding.  
    Posted by MrsGandthebeag[/QUOTE]

Yeah, no kidding.  You're probably annoying the crap out of her.

Take a deep breath.  Whatever you do, DO NOT threaten legal action yet.  Give her a call, leave her a message saying that you feel like you're having a hard time getting a hold of her and you'd like a call back to go over a few details and ask a few questions.  If you don't hear back within 3 or 4 business days, call again and let her know that it's imperative she contact you.  If you still don't hear back after that, I'd start looking at your options.

Everything the light touches is my kingdom.
  • Options
    I think it's time to just put her on notice -- meaning, let her know your concerns about being able to get ahold of her.

I'd also go through and document when you contacted her and when she responded. Also keep in mind if what you're requesting of her is within reason (are you trying to get the answer to 50 questions in 10 separate emails within a 1 week time frame [for example]). Look over your contract and see if there's anything about communication and what she's obligated to do for you.... etc.

I don't think you need to worry about legal action just yet, but it would be smart on your part to start taking notes in case it ever gets to that point.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards