Chit Chat
Options

Shoes on the beach???

Hello Fellow Brides,
Looking for some advise. A little torn on what to wear on my feet for our beach wedding. People our telling me bare feet but with Chris being 6'1" and me 5'4" I am a little afraid of looking like a chile in the wedding pics... Any advise would greatly be appreciated! :)Smile

Re: Shoes on the beach???

• Options
    I'd wear a pretty pair of flat sandals.  It will be easy to walk in the sand in them, but will look dressier than bare feet.

Maybe something like these: CLICKY
  • Options
    edited July 2012
    I'm 4'11 and my H is 6'2. I guess I'm used to looking like a "chile" (or shrimp, as H fondly calls me) and I didn't want to wear heels, because I can't be trusted in them, especially outdoors.I don't think there's anything you could wear on the beach that would make you taller without making you fall down.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_chit-chat_shoes-on-the-beach?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:14Discussion:e7ffee30-79a4-4ba9-a450-a4a4e72f203bPost:29a7b2a0-0040-465b-a35e-89ecd69c8746">Re: Shoes on the beach???</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Shoes on the beach??? : Thank you for posting this!  Now I can get a visual of what a Chile would look like from your sig pic ;-)
    Posted by LingerLonger1[/QUOTE]
    HA! I'm not quite as long and lean as the actual Chile...too bad.
  • Options
    edited July 2012
    At the end of the day, you are the heights you are.  I'm three inches taller than FI, and several people have asked me how we're going to 'minimize' it at the wedding.  Um, we're not?  If you're a lot shorter than him, you're a lot shorter than him every day, why worry about it on your wedding?
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_chit-chat_shoes-on-the-beach?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:14Discussion:e7ffee30-79a4-4ba9-a450-a4a4e72f203bPost:ac2cde21-c8fe-4d28-8bbb-d13e64893e1b">Re: Shoes on the beach???</a>:
    [QUOTE]At the end of the day, you are the heights you are.  I'm three inches taller than FI, and several people have asked me how we're going to 'minimize' it at the wedding.  <strong>Um, we're not?  If you're a lot shorter than him, you're a lot shorter than him every day, why worry about it on your wedding?</strong>
    Posted by Gabrielle76[/QUOTE]

Love this! :)
  • Options
    edited July 2012
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_chit-chat_shoes-on-the-beach?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:14Discussion:e7ffee30-79a4-4ba9-a450-a4a4e72f203bPost:a6f72866-a911-4add-aedb-95e1428da618">Re: Shoes on the beach???</a>:
    [QUOTE]As long as you don't look like Honey Boo Boo Chile you'll be fine. And chiles are hot. You'll look HOT! But seriously...you won't look like a child. 5'4" is not unusually short, and 6'1" is not unusually tall. I always wished for a height difference like that between my boyfriends and me (way back, I mean...I have no boyfriends currently out of respect for Mr. Lucy) <strong>because I'm 5'8" and all the tall guys seemed to gravitate to the 5'2" girls.</strong> I was left dating guys who were my height or shorter. I once was at a school dance and a shorter guy asked me to dance. With me in heels, there was more height difference than I'd figured on, but I think he'd figured it out perfectly. He tried to rest his face on my boobs.
    Posted by LucyHC[/QUOTE]

Oh my <em>god</em> that is so true.  A tall guy friend of mine's dad told him "if you try to bring home a girl you <em>didn't</em> meet because you saw each other across all the other heads at the bar, I don't want to meet her."  He wanted to avoid that situation.

Obviously if he brought home a short girl they would all still love her, but I got a laugh out of it.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_chit-chat_shoes-on-the-beach?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:14Discussion:e7ffee30-79a4-4ba9-a450-a4a4e72f203bPost:a6f72866-a911-4add-aedb-95e1428da618">Re: Shoes on the beach???</a>:
    [QUOTE]As long as you don't look like Honey Boo Boo Chile you'll be fine. And chiles are hot. You'll look HOT! But seriously...you won't look like a child. 5'4" is not unusually short, and 6'1" is not unusually tall. I always wished for a height difference like that between my boyfriends and me (way back, I mean...I have no boyfriends currently out of respect for Mr. Lucy) because I'm 5'8" and all the tall guys seemed to gravitate to the 5'2" girls. I was left dating guys who were my height or shorter. I once was at a school dance and a shorter guy asked me to dance. With me in heels, there was more height difference than I'd figured on, but I think he'd figured it out perfectly. <strong>He tried to rest his face on my boobs.</strong>
    Posted by LucyHC[/QUOTE]

That made me laugh! I am 5'8" as well and my FI claims he is 5'10", but he is always a little shorter than me in the pictures. I think it is kind of cute :)

OP, I have seen ideas on just going barefoot and wearing like a cute little ankle bracelet. I would probably do this because I HATE trying to walk through sand with anything on my feet. Even when I wear flip flops I still feel like I am wobbling around.
  • Options
    Agreed! Welcome!

Sorry... I think I'm just jealous that I'll never get to go to the real Chile.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_chit-chat_shoes-on-the-beach?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:14Discussion:e7ffee30-79a4-4ba9-a450-a4a4e72f203bPost:a6c0936d-6c7c-4d50-bd71-744c093901fa">Shoes on the beach???</a>:
    [QUOTE]Hello Fellow Brides, Looking for some advise. A little torn on what to wear on my feet for our beach wedding. People our telling me bare feet but with Chris being 6'1" and me 5'4" I am a little afraid of looking like a chile in the wedding pics... Any advise would greatly be appreciated! :)
    Posted by Bonniejean13[/QUOTE]

I was married on the beach last Sept.  Don't wear shoes on the beach.  Sand will get in them no matter what you try to do, then you will be uncomfortable and fidgety....as will be your wedding party.  No worries about how tall he is and how short you may be....embrace it girl! Bare feet were meant to go in the sand, so kick those shoes off and get to it!  ;)

• Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_chit-chat_shoes-on-the-beach?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:14Discussion:e7ffee30-79a4-4ba9-a450-a4a4e72f203bPost:206e6a1c-851b-4fa6-9853-be22ce9d8f03">Re: Shoes on the beach???</a>:
    [QUOTE]I wouldn't worry about it.  Any shoe that gives you height is going to be hard to navigate in the sand.  I'd rather look short in my wedding pics (and I do because DH is 6 or 7 inches taller than me and I wore flats) than look like I faceplanted in the sand in my wedding dress after <strong>faceplanting in the sand in my wedding dress</strong>. 
    Posted by StageManager14[/QUOTE]

I did that.....and I was completely barefoot.  The H stepped on my train and down I went.  I barely caught myself and jumped right back up with hands in the air "I'm good.....I'm good!!" and continued on, after a great laugh of course.  Basically, I made falling in the sand look good ;)

• Options
    AthseaAthsea member
    First Comment
    edited July 2012
    I'm wearing wedges. I've already tested them out on the beach, and while I'm not as steady as I'd be on bare feet, I think I'll be alright. But then, I've had practice wearing heels in just about every terrain, so wedges are actually quite nice for me.

I'm 5' 0" and FI is 5' 9"-ish, for the record. I'm wearing the wedges because I wanted them though, not because of height difference.
  • Options
    If you are getting pictures taken off the beach, like on the grass, you could always wear heels if you wanted.  my friend is having a backyard wedding and wearing "barefoot sandals" because she likes being barefoot but wants to still be dressy.  I've included a link to a picture of the sandals.

http://pinterest.com/pin/52917364341701704/
  • Options
    I wore a pair of pretty wedges for our beach wedding last weekend. I had no problems with sinking in the sand. 
    Cate Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    I got married on the beach too and wore a cute pair of sandals which were wedges.  I didn't have any issues.  
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_chit-chat_shoes-on-the-beach?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:14Discussion:e7ffee30-79a4-4ba9-a450-a4a4e72f203bPost:b1aabd34-c570-48cc-af25-7ed94bedc453">Re: Shoes on the beach???</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Shoes on the beach??? : That made me laugh! I am 5'8" as well and my FI claims he is 5'10", but he is always a little shorter than me in the pictures. I think it is kind of cute :) OP, I have seen ideas on just going barefoot and wearing like a cute little ankle bracelet. I would probably do this because I HATE trying to walk through sand with anything on my feet. Even when I wear flip flops I still feel like I am wobbling around.
    Posted by MrsL2014[/QUOTE]

THANKS LADIES! That made me laugh also! Yes I meant to write Child not Chile... Posted fast and didn't double check!
  • Options
    Thank you everyone wedges it is!!!! I guess it isn't so much the height difference but the fact I wear heels practically everyday... It THAT would be more of my everyday then the bare feet! Thank you for all your comments! 61 days to go! WOW
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards