Chit Chat
Options

Is this silly?

So I am getting my hair and make up trial done tomorrow afternoon and I told FI that I didn't really want him to see it.  I am big on surprises and I want him to see my dress, hair, make up, ect. all for the first time when I walk down the aisle to him.  My friend thought it was slightly odd, but then again she said it was just me being a girl!  FI made plans to be with a friend and I am going to run a few errands after then wash it off when I get home.

Re: Is this silly?

• Options
    My husband saw me after my hair/make-up trial.  Honestly, he doesn't really know a lot about hair or make-up and he didn't really remember details....and since I was in jeans and a t-shirt, the look didn't exactly have the same wedding-day effect.

He was still surprised by how I looked on wedding day, because it was the whole package -- dress, jewelry, jeweled comb -- even though he'd already seen the hair and make-up.
    DSC_9275
  • Options
    I definitely see your point.  I just really want it to be fresh and exciting for him on our special day. 
  • Options
    Our wedding was OOT so my hair and makeup trial took place 3 hours away from H. He did not see me after. I don't know if I would have cared if he had or not. Regardless, if you would like your whole look to be a surprise from him, that's your decision. I wouldn't let what others think bother you.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Vacation
  • Options
    Good point!  :)
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_chit-chat_is-this-silly?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:14Discussion:ec269494-c0e1-4525-9ac0-ce01ab355b7cPost:25395e3c-0a89-4b04-ace0-be608b3f154d">Re: Is this silly?</a>:
    [QUOTE]H saw my makeup trial and I am really glad he did. While I liked it, he made a comment that it didn't look like me and he wanted to marry "me" on our wedding day if that makes sense.  I called my MUA and told her this and she used more earth tones on our wedding day, which is what I normally wear.  I actually liked it more than my trial, too!
    Posted by ILoveMilkDuds[/QUOTE]

This.  I never wear lipstick, let alone a bold lip, but I was going for a more vintage look.  While I liked it, H said that he preferred me to tone down the lip, so it looked more like me.  I'm glad he saw me after my trial. 
  • Options
    I personally, would rather suprise my FI on the wedding day with the hair/make-up and dress. My FI feels the same day. It's the whole look that is special.
    You're deffinately not silly for wanting to suprise him. Smile
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic Follow Me on Pinterest PitaPata Dog tickers my read shelf:
    Jen's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
  • Options
    H saw my hair and makeup prior to the wedding, but I made a few changes so when the actual wedding day came around both my hair and makeup looked different then it did the first time around.

Also, my H tends to forget things that he thinks are non-important, such as a hair and makeup trial.  So I am positive on the day of our wedding he had no memory of what my trial looked like.

• Options
    I dont think thats silly at all. I was thinking of doing the same thing.
  • Options
    After my bridals I went straight to meet FI (now H) to look at a house we'd seen online, and in the car on the way there I was ripping bobby pins out of my hair and trying to pull it into a weird ponytail and when he saw me and I told him what I was doing he looked at me like I was crazy for trying to hide it. HAHA so yeah he saw my makeup but not my hair.
  • Options
    FI saw me after my makeup trial and didn't even seem to notice until I asked him what he thought and he liked it.

He was out of town when I had my hair trial, but I don't think I would have cared either way if he saw it.
    Anniversary
  • Options
    I dif mine out of town so it was a non issue, but I would have felt the same as you. I wear makeup all the time, but it looks way different when done professionally. I didn't deviate far from what I would normally put on to go out so nothing that would have looked too out there too him the day of.
  • Options
    I'm having my makeup trial on the day we do engagement photos so FI will see it. But, my wedding is a ways off so what my trial looks like compared to what I do on wedding day may change or if it stays the same he won't remember lol
  • Options
    I used my hair trial as a way to go out to a nice dinner with my then FI.  :)  I didn't have a make up trial as my mom did mine.  She's a retired make up artist.  
  • Options
    DH and my entire family saw my hair and make up trial. I set it up for the weekend of my birthday so I would look good at my birthday dinner.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    My FI doesn't want to see or hear anything to do with the way I'm going to look that day. To each their own.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards