Chit Chat
Options

I'm having wedding nightmares...

No joke. I have over a year before the wedding, I've barely started the planning process, and I'm already having nightmares. I haven't slept well in almost a week, lol. Everything from being a bridezilla and screaming at my bridesmaids, my sister showing up in a pair of bright orange biking shorts because she forgot her dress, falling on my face when I walk up the isle, I even had one when I showed up at the wrong wedding! I'm going crazy... Any advice??

Re: I'm having wedding nightmares...

• Options
    My only advice is to laugh at them.  I had a few:  my dress being too short and they were stapling extra fabric at the bottom, my husband wearing a white tux and getting orange cheetoh dust all over it, and a few others.

I even had one a few months after the wedding and I woke up thinking, "where did that come from?!"  But seriously, just laugh at them.  Or if you notice a reoccuring theme, I would try to focus some planning energy in that area because it probably means you are stressed/uncertain about it.

But they are completely natural.  People tend to dream about things that are going on in their lives so it's normal for you to be dreaming about the wedding.
  • Options
    I had one where the dress that was delivered was not the dress I had ordered. It didn't fit (too big), had weird sleeves that you would never see on a dress, there was a ton of tulle, and there was a huge black stain in the front. I woke up thinking "Thanks subconscious, like I really needed that," but I had a good laugh with my friends about it later.
  • Options
    I had a dream that my uncle (they were holding my dress for me) put on my wedding dress and ate spaghetti in it..... I sure as heck don't know where that one came from! I woke up and called my aunt first thing! lol
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Wedding nightmares would come and go for me during the wedding planning.

November 2011 Siggy Challenge: The First Kiss
    Fall Wedding Bio
  • Options
    ChobotChobot member
    First Comment First Anniversary
    edited February 2012
    Start watching horror films..really.

Funny thing is that I now watch horror/zombie shows like Walking Dead and American Horror Story and I haven't had a wedding nightmare since. Zombie dreams, yes, but they are tame. 
  • Options

I have been having several since I got engaged, mostly I dream about my dress:

The first I dreamt that I had forgotten to buy a dress so I had to borrow my sister's wedding dress and she got mad at me because I cut it up (my reasoning was that I cut it up because it had to be different)

The other night I dreamt that when I opened my dress bag to get my dress out on my wedding day, all that was hanging up was a pair of sweat pants and a tank top, my mother insisted that, that was I had picked out and that now I was stuck with it. When I woke up, I went straight to my wardrobe to check on my dress lol
  • Options
    I've only had one wedding stress dream so far, but I'm sure more will follow! I dreamed I had to get up at like 4am on the day of the wedding, it was still dark, I was exhausted & stumbling around, couldn't find anything...then I realized I had forgotten to get my dress altered! Then the hair & make-up people showed up at the same time and got in a fight over who was going first. I was a basket case!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards