Chit Chat
Options

Transportation Advice Needed!

My FI's best man bought a party bus and has been "fixing" it up since before we got engaged (16 months ago). In the early stages of planning he offered for us to use it for free to get our WP from the church to the reception. All along he has said it will be done in time, and that there are no problems. Today (11 days before the wedding) he tells my FI that it won't be ready in time. Limos are somewhere around $350/hour with a 3 hour min in our area, and honestly not something we budgeted for. My parents are already paying for EVERYTHING, so there is no way I want to ask them to foot the bill for a limo. My FI's solution is to just skip having transportation for our WP and that they can all get themselves to the wedding.. First of all, this means we would have to drive ourselves to the reception and secondly, isn't it rude to expect them to pay for their dresses/tuxes, spend lots of time and money on this wedding, and not give them a fun ride to the reception? Any ideas? Am I just being selfish about this? I'm sort of having a little panic moment, but I feel very strongly this is something that should be done..
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards