Chit Chat
Options

iPhone

So I just got an iPhone and I'm learnign to use it...

Are there any awesome apps you've put on your phone that I have to download? (I already got the wedding 911 from theknot.com).

Also, do you know how to convert iTunes songs to ringtones? I have a PC if that helps.
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: iPhone

• Options
    I'm an app junkie.  Shazam is awesome.  I also like loopt, but that's only cool if you have friends on it.  Of course facebook.  Urbanspoon is cool.  Other than that, I like the functionality ones like the one for my bank and netflix and have some stupid games.
  • Options
    Hey Name, can you tell me how the internet works on the phone?  Do you have to buy a data plan, or does it pick up hot spots like the ipod Touch does?
  • Options
    Since name hasn't answered your data plan question yet, I will.  ATT requires you to buy a $30 a month data because it's considered to be a data heavy phone.  You cannot opt out of it.  As far as apps go, I love Stanza, a book app where you can download lots of free public domain books (most are older books that no longer have a copyright--Jane Austen, Charles Dickens, Mark Twain, etc.)  I also use The Weather Channel and Facebook a lot.  If you're trying to lose weight before your wedding, Lose It! is a great food journal.
  • Options
    Thanks Rain!  I was always curious about that.
  • Options
    Sorry, I had to actually do work this morning.  That was stupid.

We have a data plan as part of our monthly.  You can get internet anywhere that you get service, but can still connect to wifi.  Wifi is faster than 3G.  If you go out in the sticks, you lose 3G and get Edge, which is about the speed of dial-up.  I think that's why people complain so much about ATT.  I have no idea how much it is for that particular part, but I know between my and Christian's iphones, it works out to $150/month total. 
  • Options
    Yeah, I forgot how much I hated AT&T.  I'll revisit the iPhone issue when/if Apple moves away from the exclusivity rights with AT&T.
  • Options
    I heard Verizon is getting the iphone some time in 2010.  Maybe when the 4th gen comes out in the summer?

I never have issues with it, but I rarely go outside of metro ATL.  I was actually just fine when we were up in the mountains in the fall.  My "boss" goes out to the country all the time and complains about it a lot. 
  • Options
    I heard it was thinking about going with TMobile because the hardware wouldn't need to be changed and the former gens of iPhones wouldn't need to be deactivated...

(I have an iPhone on TMobile... jailbreaked it to accept my SIM card, which is the hardware difference - Verizon doesn't use SM cards)
  • Options
    I have no problem with AT&T really.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards