Chit Chat
Options

OVER WHELMED

Got engaged last week and it feels like my head is spinning!! anyone else feeling this way?

Re: OVER WHELMED

• Options
    AmJam04AmJam04 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    Step one: Calm down.

I can totally understand your anticipation, but you don't have to get so stressed out about it already! Just work on the basics: What is your budget? Who would you like to share in the day with you? What type of wedding would you like to have?

Give yourself a break once in awhile! Unless you're getting married in less than 6 months, you have time to relax and enjoy the feeling of finally being engaged!!

Wedding Countdown Ticker

• Options
    First thing is figuring out budget and approximate guest list.
    After that find a venue that fits both of those parameters.
    After that, everything else falls into place very easily.
  • Options
    Take some time to enjoy being engaged first. Then start planning. First thing to decide is your budget. You can't really do anything without having that set. Then the guest list. Then find a venue that fits your budget and can hold however many guests you have on your list. And you go from there. HTH! Happy Planning!
  • Options
    Congrats.  Just enjoy being engaged.  Have you been thinking of dates.  Get that out of the way first (that is what I did).  Then set a tentative guest list and budget... you can work around this.. finding a venue in your comfort zone, etc.  
    Daisypath Wedding tickers
  • Options
    I am definitely stressed. I've been engaged for just over a month and my fiance decided he'd like to get married this October. So now I've got just over 4 months to plan a wedding. Although it's going to be a small affair there is still so much to do! I can see how ladies can turn into Bridezillas.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_chit-chat_over-whelmed?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:14Discussion:f73bfe19-85f4-49ef-a38e-0e5ca2b34d21Post:94c3eba1-3ff2-467b-bb44-3256f7709438">OVER WHELMED</a>:
    [QUOTE]Got engaged last week and it feels like my head is spinning!! anyone else feeling this way?
    Posted by MrsDussault[/QUOTE]

i tottally understand i just got engaged on may 30 and im alreading over welmed. i have no clue where to start how to make a budget nothing and were paying for it compleatly by our self i have a full time job but he has a part time job and a year left in collage
  • Options
    Breathe, this is a marathon, not a race. Figure basics. Date. Do you have an idea of what you want the day to look like? Is it surrounded by just very close friends and family? or is grander, everyone you've ever met is there? Talk to your fiance, take time to just celebrate your engagement! Its a momentous time and you don't want to spend your whole engagement all floopey and a nervous wreck! Congratulations on your engagement!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards