Chit Chat
Options

Ideal dinner time?

What time would you expect dinner to be served at a wedding? Or what time do you usually prepare dinner?

We rented the venue for the entire day of the wedding and half of the next day for clean up. So we have great time flexibility, and there is no rush to get out! But since we do have that flexibility, I am having trouble deciding on what time dinner should be served...  

~Soon to become Mrs. O'Kane!~

Re: Ideal dinner time?

• Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_chit-chat_ideal-dinner-time?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:14Discussion:f9b47fe8-0e6a-435c-83fb-0e6bda49931ePost:b6e9a330-880d-4273-93a6-c54c5094fca7">Ideal dinner time?</a>:
    [QUOTE]What time would you expect dinner to be served at a wedding? Or what time do you usually prepare dinner? We rented the venue for the entire day of the wedding and half of the next day for clean up. So we have great time flexibility, and there is no rush to get out! But since we do have that flexibility, I am having trouble deciding on what time dinner should be served...  
    Posted by sierraberry32[/QUOTE]
    When I'm at home, I eat dinner around 5. When I'm with my bf we eat around 9. On weekends it's later. His family eats around 7. Growing up we ate dinner around 6.
  • Options
    We eat supper at 7 or 8 usually, but I like to eat earlier at a wedding, 5:30 or 6, so we can get on with the dancing and fun! I hate it when everything starts late and the party doesn't get going until 9 oclock or something. I would even say as early as 5 would be good with me.
    Photobucket photo 899306-2148.jpg
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Options
    I grew up eating dinner around 7-7:30 every night. DH grew up with it served promptly by 5:30.
  • Options
    We usually eat at 6 during the week, 6:30 on weekends. For a wedding, I consider anything between 5 and 7 to be a good time to serve the meal.
    Follow Me (and my wedding!) on Pinterest
    50 in 2012 Reading Challenge: 2 books read
    my read shelf:

Katie Rizzo's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I usually don't get home until about 6:30, so I usually eat dinner around 7.

• Options
    Ok. I am feeling 6:30 or 7 from most of you, so I will plan for that time. Do you guys recommend a strict schedule, or something a little more on the easy side? I know it is like herding cats when it comes to planning an even with a lot of people, so I want to make it as nice as possible and not drawn out.
    ~Soon to become Mrs. O'Kane!~
  • Options
    i've only ever attened full meal weddings regardless of the time of day.  I except to eat 1-2 hours after the start of the ceremony. Depending on how long the ceremony and drive time to the venue.   I then adjust my eariler meals around that.

DH and my schedule is all over the place.  I guess I would say 7-7:30?   But we are flexible.   On Sundays we will sometimes eat the big meal at .3.We've been known to make 9pm reservations   during the week.   it all depends on what is going on.  

I grew eating between  6-7:30.  But again  sometimes we would have a big Sunday meal between 2-4pm

I'm helpful right?

What differentiates an average host and a great host is anticipating unexpressed needs and wants of their guests.  Just because the want/need is not expressed, doesn't mean it wouldn't be appreciated. 
  • Options
    I'm with lynda. I would assume I'd be eating something (cocktail hour or dinner) 1-2 hours after the ceremony.
  • Options
    We eat dinner between 6:30 & 7. For our wedding though, dinner was served at 5.
  • Options
    At home I eat at 5:30, for weddings we expect food between 6 and 7-7:30, that way dancing and fun can commence and the night can still last a decent amount of time. 
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    In Response to Re:Ideal dinner time?:[QUOTE]Ok. I am feeling 6:30 or 7 from most of you, so I will plan for that time. Do you guys recommend a strict schedule, or something a little more on the easy side? I know it is like herding cats when it comes to planning an even with a lot of people, so I want to make it as nice as possible and not drawn out. Posted by sierraberry32[/QUOTE]

For having strict/easy start time, I would look into what the caterer/hall says on that. One hall we are considering has a penalty fee if you start more than 20 minutes late.
    You never lose by loving. You always lose by holding back. - Barbara DeAngelis
  • Options
    CallaLily25CallaLily25 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    edited March 2013
    Anywhere from 5 to 8 pm, depending on the start/end time if the reception.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards