Chit Chat

How much did you pay for your ceremony music?

There is a great electric harpist in my area, but her fee is $600 for half an hour. Surprised As much I want to book her, I don't know if I can justify that cost.

How much did you pay / are you planning to pay for music during the ceremony?
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: How much did you pay for your ceremony music?

• I paid $350 for a cellist for about an hour and I thought that was kind of high. Looking back, maybe not so much. Smile
  • Good god, it better sound like angels are singing for that price!

We used our DJ during the ceremony (ceremony/reception we at the same place, rooms right next to the deck we got married on), so it was all included in our price.
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Is there a Youth Symphony in your city?  You might inquire there - our Youth Symphony will provide a string quartet for a 'suggested donation' of $250.  Other musicians are available too for a reasonable fee, and they are fantastic.

imageFollow Me on Pinterest
  • Yeah, that is really expensive. Our organist was $250 and our cantor/singer was $50. I would definitely check into your local colleges and universities, sometimes there are groups of kids that will play for a good fee at weddings and things.
  • We paid $350 for a string trio.  They played music before and after the ceremony as well, so they were there for about 90 minutes.

imageDaisypath Anniversary tickers
  • WHOA!!! That seems very high!! One of my best friends is playing the piano for us so we aren't paying anything, but one church I looked at the fee was $250. Maybe try to talk with her and see if she will lower her price. You could also check Craigs List or local universities/colleges and see if any students may want to play for extra practice or something?! Just a thought. Good luck to you!
  • We are having our DJ do our ceremony music.  It's included in his price.
    Anniversary image
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers image TO image
    my to-read shelf:
    Mel O's book recommendations, favorite quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (to-read shelf)
  • we're paying $850 for our music. it's a harp and a cellist for the ceremony as well as the cocktail hour. in total they'll be there for probably about two or two and a half hours. it's a little expensive but i asked around and they were pretty much all the same price or higher. must be the area. 
  • We had an Indian kirtan - musical accompaniment, that did the music for two ceremonies leading up to the wedding, the wedding, and the day after.  We paid for the two musician's tickets from across state, and got them a hotel room :)  $600

"The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched, they must be felt with the heart." ~ Miss K ~
  • We have a harpist playing for our ceremony and cocktail hour (2 hours) and she charges $400
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • We are paying our harpist $600.  This will include the cermony music and then she will move to the patio and play the entire cocktail hour.
  • We just ran our music off my laptop.
    This is a neglected planning bio.
    This is a belated married bio, with no reviews yet because I'm lazy.

Sometimes I feel like people think that brides are delicate little flower princesses who get all dressed up and pretty for one special moment of their dreams, when really they're just normal people who just happen to be getting married. Things shouldn't have to be sugar-coated for grown-ass women. -mstar284
  • Our organist is $100
  • String Trio- $450 for about an hour (pre-ceremony, ceremony, and post-ceremony).
    Photobucket Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I'm very lucky that I am a musician and therefore have many musician friends, so my ceremony musicians will be playing for free.  However, as a singer who has sung at many weddings I can tell you that $600 for 30 minutes of music seems extremely unreasonable to me.  I wouldn't pay more than $250 at the absolute extreme.
  • Our DJ is doing all music so it's included. We also have a friend singing, but it's her wedding gift to us.
  • we paid about $600 for our string trio. they were the least expensice in my area that i could find. they did a great job though.
    Anniversary
  • We're paying our flamenco guitarist $350 for 2 hours.. He's also bringing two full sets of equipment so that he can change rooms from ceremony to cocktail hour..
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I'm paying $250 for a violinist.  He will play for 30 minutes before the ceremony, during the ceremony and then for one hour after the ceremony during the cocktail hour. 
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

2011 Reading Challenge

Jessica has read 16 books toward her goal of 150 books.
    hide
    "It's fine to have an open mind, just not so open your brains fall out."
  • We are using a harpist for just the ceremony and she charges $300 an hour.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Anniversary

• 100 for a guitarist :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Photobucket
  • 200 for a harpist during the ceremony
    VICTORIA image 135 Invited so far!
    image 90 Are ready to party!
    image 40 Will be missing out!
    image 5 Are MIA!
    Photobucket
  • We paid $650.00 for a three piece string ensemble with some guitar.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards